So I Played the Flipsky Lottery... Let's Sell if I Won

Here’s what I got:

Everything was bought on sale and the total came out to be $420 without shipping. I haven’t tested anything yet, but I’ll share my experience with it when I get my first build up and running shortly. The only thing slightly concerning is the FSESC6.6 Mini, which I got instead of the plus version due to issues of the built-in anti spark failing. However, everything else seems to be fine as the motors were redesigned and improved, the anti spark design was fixed by Gamer43, and the remote and bluetooth module both seem to have been generally reliable. In the meantime, feel free to share any helpful tips as they are very appreciated. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

@glyphiks

3 Likes

Nobody ever wins the FlipShit lottery except Madame FlipShit

5 Likes

Ehh, I’m running their ESCs and it never broke. MayTech is cursed for me though

5 Likes

#fuckshitcunts

I hope it all works for you, but chances are that something will be fucked and you’ll have a hard time getting your money back for it. Good luck.

4 Likes

#fuckflipsky… but good luck to you, you brave soul.

2 Likes

Brave or stupid or ignorant or confident?

1 Like

more like gambling addiction

6 Likes

$420 on red :flushed:

2 Likes

You may have better luck running a 10s battery and not a 12s.

2 Likes

I guess I would call myself optimistic maybe? Who knows, it could turn out well like it has for some.

Don’t take the title seriously and I’m sure that the whole order wasn’t a gamble. Anyways I’m not of legal lottery playing or gambling age… :man_shrugging:

1 Like

if it makes you feel better, I run a FSESC at 12s I’m FOC with 80 motor amps

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be very hard on it and I mostly just went with 12S because it was the same price for LiPos as 10S but with more watt hours.

1 Like

12s and was doing this twice a day before I pulled it out. 400+ miles or so. Contemplating putting the mini back into the build it was pulled from. Have had no issues with vx2 or vx1 as well.

3 Likes

:hushed: :astonished: :open_mouth:

0DD077D9-125E-4038-80B2-63D14D492D71

7 Likes

What ESC is reliable and available right now?

Probably several. I like the maker x stuff and will continue to recommend them. With the caveat that they only seem to work in BLDC mode :joy:

2 Likes

I’m genuinely asking because I’m between ESCs for my kit i’m not sure what to pick…
I asked some of the guys who used to apparently manufacture the maker-x stuff, but they stopped making them apparently because there were so many complaints that the ESCs couldn’t do enough amperage.
I am still tempted to go with the single 6.6 from flipsky, I think it actually has a good track record but I can’t really tell. Its not even the cheapest option, but from a vendor perspective I know the actual failure rate of the products I sell (Larger sample size and all…) so I do have limited confidence in at least some of their products.

They’re also trying to offer this esc, which i’ve never seen before and can’t find at all. I might place a test order to see how good it is

3 Likes

giphy (1)

3 Likes

Its definitely slim pickings at the moment, and from the limited number of maker x escs that i’ve used, they’ve been great. I’m not pushing them to their advertised limits, but I wouldn’t do that with any product unless I was willing to see it fail.

2 Likes