So Frustrated!!! Please help

So I have a Enertion Raptor 2, not the 2.1. This one has the FOCboxes in it. I had not laying for awhile and the battery died on me. I tried everything I could to rejuvenate it and finally came to the conclusion it was toast. I obtained a fresh battery. In the process of putting it in the transmitter disconnected from its terminal. The transmitter is a very small piece with 3 sets of 3 wires. I thought I had remembered how to connect it but…I was wrong. When I powered up the board which was fine and depressed the control on the nano x I got a spark from what appeared to be the master Focbox where the motor connects. I immediately stopped and went to toggle off the power and the toggle no longer works. I disconnected the battery and power shut off. From there I decided to see if there was a problem with the toggle or the FOCboxes. I disconnected the focboxes and reconnected the e-tray and it still won’t toggle off. Can anyone help. I have no idea what to do next. It was my own stupidity for thinking I had connected the transmitter correctly. I must have connected it backwards or to the wrong terminal set (there are 3 of them) I realize the e-tray is no longer available in the configuration for my board but there must be something to try. In addition, can someone tell me just how I connect the transmitter correctly?

1 Like

I can send anyone pictures if necessary…

Post pics here

Not the most knowledgeable on raptors but pretty sure the focbox is about the only thing worth a damn in there. And even that is outdated. Irrc the bms they used as well as other electronics would often cause failures of all sorts.

Unfortunately my only recommendation is to take the focboxes. Test them and if they’re good, Use those and the battery to reconfigure something better. Replace bms with something better. Replace any Antispark nonsense with a xt90s.

Others might have more subtle advice though so hold out for that

3 Likes

sounds to me like you blew one of the focboxes and possibly the receiver.

probably with some hacking you could get that momentary switch to work fine with the flipsky 200amp eswitch and you would even have push to start.

BMS would have to be replaced and the fuel gauge rewired.

throw the nano away and get something better. hoyt puck or VX1 would be good.

3 Likes

I’m sure you’re right but I don’t think I’m at that level to do such a repair. I do have soldering ability and some electronic knowledge. I’ve found it hard, honestly, to try and learn how to work on these electronics. Obviously its easy to “plug and play” which is what I’ve done but repairing is just difficult without more electronics knowledge. I understand I may be wrong but that’s how I’m feeling these days…

Is there a relative easy way that I could take out the focbox in question and check its functioning? I do have other boards I can use to try.

Well if I melted then just opening the box and looking for big black spots will help.

Also see if they still respond when connecting the usb

I have the case open and when I reconnect the battery only the slave focbox seems to be showing any LED function. I opened the shrink wrap to the small receiver that I hooked up wrong and realize I connected the wires horizontally instead of vertically so all three wires were likely connected to ground or 5V. So stupid… However, as I said when I disconnect the focboxes completely the e-tray toggle does not disconnect the power. It just stays on. The 60A fuse does not appear to be blown but I don’t know what I should expect to see. I’m assuming if the fuse was, in fact, blown I’d expect the e display wouldn’t show any power at all. Am I assuming correct?

1 Like

Dang yeah that is a design flaw with that receiver for sure. It is recommended to plug things in and check before power on.

You’re correct. Upload pictures of the exposed focbox in question. Pictures of the circuit board. Both sides please

Likely the etray gets its power from the battery rather than through the focboxes so as long as the battery is connected it will remain on. It also sounds like the Antispark switch broke. And is stuck in the on position. No more button for you

Send nudes

2 Likes

I’ve just got the etray and the focboxes out now. I’m going to deconstruct a bit and upload pics. The focbox in question when I hold it close to my nose has that distinctive “electrical” smell…unfortunately. There isn’t any burn however that is noticeable on the outside. We’ll see what’s inside

4 Likes

this had that distinct smell with no signs from the outside. I hope it’s not what you find. :smiley:

1 Like

Sounds quite like the common Raptor smyptom - Had one on for 8 cycles once upon a time…

Can send you a replacement /improved version for use with dual focbox - not sure if your EU or US?