Smart watch telemetry

Hi, I just ordered a smart watch, since my new board won’t have telemetry I thought about adding battery percentage, estimated km left and some speed and motor temp data to the watch itself since it comes with a Hoyt puck that doesn’t have telemetry.

A couple of things I want to know before I start this adventure.

Is it possible to read telemetry data directly from blutooth device connected to vesc or do I need to connect an arduino to vesc and read data through UART port then send that data through blutooth module to my watch to display. I haven’t been able to find any info on this.

1 Like

What watch? I know Metr Pro works on the apple watch, might work on android watches too. Yours Truly might also work, can’t remember.

Tic watch pro 3, I’m more interested in developing the app myself as I can design it exactly how I want the data displayed.

Metr pro allows you to change what data is displayed and where I believe, but I digress. Since vesc tool is open source, there’s no technical reason you couldn’t use an existing bluetooth module to read the data. Just depends on what’s easier for you personally.

2 Likes

I could fall back on metr as I have one on my desk but blutooth module is cheaper. Why not just make an app and have it free and open source so others have a much cheaper alternative.

2 Likes

I’m just wanting to know if I need an arsuino connected or just the blutooth to read data on a phone app.

As @rusins said, the fact the the open source app reading out telemetry just with the bluetooth module makes it pretty much guaranteed that you can do it with only the bluetooth module.

1 Like

Awesome just wanted to check my options thanks

1 Like