Sleave that will fit this hub? Help kelp?

Ok I woke up to that thread and @NewNoob are you really a Jack Potter or maybe closer to another Potter?

Just a random guess I don’t know why

That’s correct. Hobbywing compatible parts are not difficult to come by.

@NewNoob Here:

If you want specifics, email the vendors.

1 Like

would those 96mm backfire sleaves be a worthy upgrade over the exway 85s ?

I require a good hub motor to purchase. What hub motor should I purchase?

Seems like exway hubs get a lot of love.

AFAIK Hummies are and always have been and always will be unobtanium

I do like them so far, let’s see how they hold,
also I’m still negotiating with myself to decide if I’m gonna buy the donuts or not

Cloudwheels are literal trash, I’d use the thinnest Thane sleeve before I used cloudwheels.

Just my opinion, YMMV.

Durability wise ? Or because they don’t actually feel better on meh asphalt ?

They don’t perform better than anything. Period. Thanes are better at good concrete. Pneumies are better at rough terrain, rubber airless is better at in between (rough urban).

The minimal contact patch of CW makes them lose grip super easily on anything that’s not grass. In my experience they just spin out in gravel (you still move forward but it’s super inefficient)

Depending on the roughness of your terrain, I’d consider those rubber airless sleeves I’ve seen from china. Personally I’ve been thinking of getting a set for my hub board, though these days I just alter my route to avoid bad roads.

If the roads are beyond thane’s ability though I’d argue that hub motors may not be the right choice for your situation.

I have heard CW are okay once you wear them flat

Roads are ok, it’s just than urethanes sleeves on hubs doesn’t feels as good as good quality thanes wheels on analog, so an extra bit of cushioning would be welcome.

Rubber sleeves ? Never heard of them, do you have a link ?

Idk how compatible these are but this is the sort of thing I’m talking about:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNSJf1U

hmmm I see ownboard has some too, and they hold in place with a 6 screw system who looks pretty much like the exway one, I’m curious
never seen anybody use those rubber hubs though

1 Like

I’ve used the full wheels they imitate and I gotta say, the traction and vibration damping does actually happen.

1 Like