Skid Mark | Subsonic Century | Avio Gear Drive | 6374 220kv | Unity | 12s4p 40T | Haggy Bergs

How do the kahuas ride?

They ride fantastic! I never had to question them as I was running around that race track even when fully pinned. As good as they are I have a little upgrade cooking in the oven (CNC version) :shushing_face:

16 Likes

Dude.

Both your board and your thread are of the highest harmonic magnitude. (Not stoned, just impressed.) Please keep this in your thoughts for BOTY, folks. Going to be tough to beat.

8 Likes

Thank you, @BillGordon. That means a lot to me :pray:

6 Likes

Oh… I have so many questions…
What did you put on the top for your grip? What type of epoxy did you use to seal it in?

Up top is medium sized black opalescent bullseye glass frit. Purchased from amazon.
I used System Three resins SilverTip epoxy. This was recommended to me by the one and only @Sender. You can find more information on the process over here:
Forget the grip use Glass Frit

3 Likes

Wow! I want one!!!

I was inspired from seeing your Century build all the way back on the old forum. Thank you for the kind words :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

What powder did you use for those trucks?

The finish was done by @haggyboard.timo. He may be able to provide some input. I believe they were anodized

Oh nice! I was about to say they match the orange rims perfectly. I have the same orange rims as you do!

3 Likes

These wheels are so clean! I had to get another set in different colors for the next build🤘

4 Likes

Stunning
I tried imagining an orange board for months since i have a build coming along and i could never invision it working out since i think orange is a hard colour to work with.
But wow, did you prove me wrong!

I have a question on the battery as i have seen few 40t packs.
Sure they are more expensive but do you think a 12s4p 40t pack is worth it over a 10s5p 30q pack?
How much range do you get on average from a full charge?

Bravo once again :blush:

1 Like

Lovely name you gave your board brother!!
Cute dog too :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Thank you for very much :call_me_hand:
Its difficult to compare a 10s5p 30Q to a 12s4p of 40T. The main differences being that the 12s runs at a higher voltage resulting in higher top speed. Next, the 40T has a capacity greater than the 30Q for example:
Watt hours of a (30Q)10s5p = 540 compared to (40T)12s4p = 691
As you can see the 40T pack has a substantial amount of energy over the 10s5p along with higher voltage. When it comes to current the real world rating on a 40T is around 25A(continuous) so multiplying that by 4 gives the pack a rating of 100A. This is the same amount of current a 5p pack of 30Q cells should be able to handle.
Edit:
Watt hour calc: (Voltage(nominal) x mAh) / 1000 = Wh
So 43.2 x 16,000 = 691,200 divide this by 1,000 and that gets you 691Wh
The 16,000 came from the 40T 4,000mAh rating multiplied 4 times for each cell in parallel

6 Likes

only on meat mondays.

Some recent footage:

9 Likes

Did someone say “you need more orange!” I thought I heard that

14 Likes

Maybe a nice orange scarf for the winter time.

1 Like

Here we go. It matches the braided cable sleeve.

Think I’m gonna have to draw the line here. Getting in too deep

4 Likes