sk8tedad's cave of BS no build here

You’re in BIG trouble @Sk8tedad ! Go to your room.

1 Like

This cave is my room

4 Likes

1 Like

Opinions wanted.
The time has come that I need a spare tire on Leadfoot. I had 2 flats on the same wheel 10 minutes apart on my last ride.

I currently have 2 ideas . I’m not as slick as wich ever one of you machined a spare tire rack for the board, very nice!
I can either modify my anti sink plate on my rear truck . I’m thinking a bigger better looking bolt thru the plate, I d have a nut washer stop for it , or my current only quasi good ideas is to mount it on my brush guard. I’m open to ideas. I will go for “ a quick ride “ I don’t bring my bag so no spare tire! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: then im limping home

Obviously I like the brush guard mount option better because it doesn’t look as bad. Of the 2 positions for the brush guard mount currently i like more vertical orintation over the horizonal look.Thanks for any ideas :bulb:. Im Not really entertaning the bolt thru the plate idea,but i threw it out there as a seed to see what idea might come back if one of you has turd polish,who knows?

3 Likes

I think you may just need new tires dude. I feel like every other time I come on here you’re having issues with your tubes popping.

@PedroMcJimenez did a cool spare tire mount with an adjustable baseplate.

4 Likes

Here ya go @Sk8tedad , pretty easy job.
Only shitty part is the KP is slightly undersized for 10mm bearings .5mm or so. So if you dont crank it down itll rattle a hair

Otherwise @Savage1 built a sexy one for himself, not sure if he’s selling them though

3 Likes

Oh ,I like that,its clean. Thank you for posting it
I thought he might have been the one who made that. It would sell but im sure 1 off the time is cost prohibative

After this morning im thinking i need 2 spares and Im going to thry the Mepos or hell I might go back to my TB wheels. I dont rember how they are riding flat and getting a blowout at speed. The BKB ARE good for riding home flat and not killing you when they flat.

I think part of my issue is just impact pinch flats at speed. I might try a tier liner on the off chance it helps.

3 Likes

Mine is a little extra bulky as it has a built in loopkey and a place for my removal tool. I have had a couple requests already for a slimmer version, so I’ll probably, eventually make a few more.

5 Likes

put me on the long term wait list please, looks sweet

2 Likes

Show off!

So sexy

3 Likes

Everyone is tucked in
I’m playing around with storage and fire safety. The GF has anxieties about all the batteries in our garage. 1.03 giggawhats is nothing, can’t even time travel with this lot.

Installing fire sprinkler heads just hooked up to our domestic water, to keep other stuff from burning even if “THE WATER IT DOES NOTHING!!?” for a battery fire. Also it’s her house so it makes her sleep better

4 Likes

I’m with @haven lol you just need to try a new tire brand, I think RS are good run flats. But idk about the Meepos I could deflate them and find out for you lol. Going to swapping tires today anyways

3 Likes

Wildcat canyon road is closed at Camino verde for like 4 miles to inspiration point. Because of the geography it’s more like an 8 mile closure because from inspiration pt to the next “ anywhere “ is another 4 miles so you only get really light traffic. Unfortunately it’s the worst road surface of the whole ride it’s good but it’s chip seal. I’m riding urathane and it’s ok.

@zero_ads come check it out sometime before they reopen. They have not started construction so there is time. I’m taking my leaf blower a bag of batteries and my kids wowgo , the road is filthy, tires spin!

2 Likes

LOOK THE WHOLE POST is WORD SALAD, I’m high, you were warned . In fact I’m unsurprised by any adults till next Saturday, I’m either having a shit load of fun or going to urgent care, like to be a bit of both :face_with_monocle:

Upgrades! It’s what is on hand. I’m convinced myself that the bearings will off set the bigger tires .
Knock on wood I’ve never had a flat on SKP 175mn tires

My frit is too aggressive, it’s eating my shoes and battery box. A few new layers and it’s better.

I’m just editing my post so it doesn’t get undue attention I’m talking the inflatable ocean kayak’s ALL out because if I don’t make sure I have everything that I need I’ll have to look at my kids and say HEEHAW I forgot a fin, or a rib , adapter,paddle etc sigh

Advanced elements and Innova make the best, my hard shell doesn’t get used , inflatables are easy to transport

Some one buy my poor old town kayak, no love. I used to take her to places we should never have gone! Always brought me back though

All right, please place you bets or drink as is appropriate, to see what critical part Jason forgot, my kids will look at me with that patient look you give someone who’s really trying hard and doing great for playing with 49 cards. They never bitch, just that’s ok dad it was fun to drive out, unpack, repack the kayaks!

Not really in to a walk at the moment DAD!!!(GOD!pfffttt!!) your not my real dad !!

7 Likes

this is an understatement .

2 Likes

spoiled :slight_smile:

SPOILED?
my GF is out of town,its 4:25 am,ive already walked the dog in the dark 45 minutes,now im sitting next to her on the couch adjusting her ears, untill i have to leave at 5. The poor cat is getting flattened at some point. when a dog this big gets the zoomies its an event.

Its too hot to walk her when i get home, the 2 or so hours between home and walk isnt plesant. YOU WERE GONE ALL DAY& MOM IS GONE,IM BORED,PLAY WITH ME,OH YEAH YOU ARENT MOM,HMM THE CAT SHOULD BE FLATTER,LOOK A BALL

1 Like

Oh man! We just closed an on ramp to the freeway, lots of signs, one guy drives down up the off ramp, so like ducks they all follow ,huge do not enter sign, me screaming ineffectually at the top of my lungs, waving my mini solar flare flashlight, jumping up and down like and idiot. Luckily no accidents, for leagal reasons I made this all up.

Emotional support dogs don’t belong on a heavy civil construction site . Im sensative to the relationship and the needs of the coworker. Im concerned for the dog. The dog isnt well trained and has bad seperation anxiety. the dog has needs and is bound to hate the LOUD NOISE

i

2 Likes

Not cool I want to go kayaking im on the bridge!!

1 Like

One medical emergency and traffic, and this is going to be a problem
That’s it I don’t know how many of you saw the old Captain America TV show from the 70s where he would park the van and wheelie out of the back but I’m ready to park my car and just dive off the side of the bridge with my kayak