"Sizzle Pants" : 37.5" Custom ID drop-deck roadster | 13s2p p42a | Stormcore 100A | 3Ds Fatboy Helical Gear-drive | Flipsky 6384 190 kv | Custom Hoyt Puck project

She’s done!! and she’s fast!! I wrapped up the design with risers and a mounting plate for the power button and charging port that I 3D printed. The risers are 7mm thick and made from carbon-fiber filament. The mounting plate is carbon-fiber with a flexible TPU gasket. I’m new to 3D printing. These are the first things that I have personally designed in Fusion 360 and then printed. I’m happy with the result. It looks super clean. I inset aluminum sink-washers in the mount-plate to reinforce the bolt-holes. I thought about mounting the power-button and charging port under the deck, but I like it on top. It’s protected from moisture better, and I don’t have to turn the deck over for anything.

Special shout out to @ZachTetra for his beautiful battery work (13s2p Molicel P42A with a beefy Daly BMS). I had to rearrange the balance wires to better fit my set-up, but otherwise it fits like a glove with a little room for foam. The battery build is rock solid and it delivers big power. I had considered making the battery interchangeable, but I don’t think it will be necessary. I’m getting really good efficiency, and the 8A charger can charge the pack from empty in a little over an hour.

The gear-drives are very smooth. They’re quiet and they free-wheel well. The 6384 flipsky motors max-out this set-up. If I lean really far into a turn, the bushing washer rubs on the motor can. This is rarely a problem, but I probably should have gone with the 270mm hangers. Speaking of the motors, one of them works better than the other. Way to go flipsky QC :+1:t2: I think I might need to lubricate one of the bearings.

I still love Storm-core. Period. I have a 60D as well.

I’m working on a custom enclosure for my puck, but in the meantime, I printed this large diameter thumbwheel designed by @trelensis and I really, really like it. It’s luxurious and well suited for people with meaty thumbs. This one is made from flexible TPU printed with a 30 fill.

7 Likes

Great build and awesome decks. Looks like you could have fit another set of cells for 14s. Are you limited to 13s by the choice of BMS or voltage on the motor?

1 Like

Thank you. :blush: There is room for 14s. This BMS is 13s and Flipsky only rated these motors for 13s. So I went with 13s. Also, 13s is already more than I personally need :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: