Sidewinder | SKP Solo | 18s p45b | SRB 3Links | Deathtoll

and that just plugs into the port with a 5v and gnd?

1 Like

Yep

1 Like

it was cutting out because i had ā€œppm and uartā€ selected for the app to use. once i switched it to uart, it records fine. not sure why tho

April Updates

Broke my binding, probably accelerated the destruction because of the wrong installation. Luckily it broke in a parking lot while turning around and not on the streets. rode the board for the first time without a binding as a result, wasnā€™t that bad. It did however make it very obvious the leverage the binding gave me in turns as the boards currently setup for high speeds again.

Good news is I had already drilled different holes because I wanted to adjust the location of it prior to Vegas (but chose against it cause I kinda messed up the insert holes) so all I had to do was remove the silicone and bolt the ladders down.

i had more leverage toe side with the previous location but have better leverage heel side which is where I was hurting the most when racing so guess it worked out.

I want to lower my ride height after the success the Aussies have had so ordered a single stack enclosure from @tomiboi and a 3/4in thick gasket so I can get some ground clearance back and run the @IDEA baseplates. Should allow for a snug fit of my battery, bms and light controller which both sit on top.
While I wait for them to be delivered, decided to relocate my charge ports to the side so the motors can go under the deck which will help with ground clearance as Iā€™ve already scratched my motor cans a few times. Since the holes at the rear of the enclosure are no longer being used (thatā€™s what she said) for charge ports, imma throw my wires through them so theyā€™re not between the enclosure and deck allowing dust in.

3 Likes

boards back up again after fighting some more vesc gremlins.

7 Likes

Figured iā€™d post a little status update for the board since itā€™s been like two weeks.

Racing around a park I like to ride at and maybe 30minutes in, Iā€™m coming out of a turn and getting on the throttle. I notice that Iā€™m getting little to no power on the right side and immediately go to my car to check.

Fuckā€¦

I donā€™t feel like dealing with it at the park so home I go. No faults were thrown and when I swapped sides and tried to spin the motors up, I smelled smoke and immediately shut everything off. Opened up the motors to see if there was maybe something stuck in the can but everything appeared to be fine, just a lil dusty. So I got rid of the dust, put everything back together and ofc motor detection is acting all weird. It spins up normally for the detection but when you get to setting the motor direction, it would try to spin up and fail to do so. Sometimes it would just say that it couldnā€™t set motor parameters.

If I tried to just finish the motor detection after experiencing the above, (thinking maybe the motor detection was messed up but everything else was fine) I was left with thisā€¦

Thatā€™s enough for today, Iā€™ll work on it tomorrow.

Day two, messing with firmware and settings, I managed to find out that vesc doesnā€™t like ā€œcurrent no reverseā€ in ppm settings and Immediately spins up to probably 20% throttle? It was the reason my board ghosted into the wall in Vegas and fortunately this time, the drive wheels were off the ground.

After re uploading new firmware, the problem I was initially having somehow transferred him to the other side even though both sides were connected the same. Rerun motor detection and now everything seems to be working. Leaving that alone now itā€™s working.

Boards now setup for 40mph top speed and my trucks are a lot looser as iā€™ve gotten comfortable on them. Iā€™m no longer having to muscle the board into sharp turns. Also got some different shoes which helped a lot with that. Iā€™m still on the fence about a rear binding, need more time on the board.

Current upgrade plans

Bought these baseplates almost a year ago and Iā€™m finally gonna swap them in to lower the board. Unfortunately I have a double stack enclosure so I already donā€™t have much clearance so Iā€™m gonna have to do some gasket wizardry to get a single stack to fit my electronics. Wonā€™t win any beauty awards but everything I need is finally here.

Iā€™ll work on it sometime next month and hopefully it goes well. I have a spare gasket incase adjustments are needed. Probably gonna work on it next time this coming weekend.

2 Likes