Show them bloody pictures [NSFW]

There are some truly horrific accidents in this thread. Don’t feel bad @Bionic24, here’s yesterday’s minor scrape that served as a reminder to not be complacent, especially after major upgrades. After a slow and slightly twitchy ride to the end of my street, I turned myself around and the board lunged forward at tremendous speed from an almost standstill with only minor throttle input and I wound up airborne.

I had to install different motors after I killed one last week. I took the opportunity to add a luna antispark and dropped my 4.12s into heatsink cases. I was eager to ride again and was not thorough enough during programming. The two vescs did not have the same power settings, CAN settings, traction control, or even identical voltage cutoffs. Last night I re-did everything correctly and double-checked the settings via USB afterward. I took the belts off and did the full FOC detection and remembered to re-program the throttle curves so that my VX2 remote behaves more like the VX1 (-20,-20 FTW). I bandaged my knee, turned on the shredlights, and took a beautiful evening cruise after everyone was asleep.

4 Likes

Can you set throttle curves on a uart remote?

Yup! It is under “App Settings” - “ADC” - “Throttle Curve” You can set the expo, expo brake and mode just like with PPM.

1 Like

Isn’t adc when you have a throttle like on electric scooters which is wired to the board?

Hmmm, you may be on to something. Perhaps it was just the rest of the settings that improved my ride and the throttle curves set there were only having a placebo effect. I am really not sure.

1 Like

The vx2 has preprogrammed settings in terms of speed modes

They are really just a fancy way of saying 3 different throttle curves and I use them the whole time generally staying on medium as Ndebele going to fats on the hills or when I race

It would be a lot cooler if I could use that mode selection on the remote to load up custom power profiles and throttle curves. If I adjust the rest of the power settings so that ‘High’ on the remote is as powerful as I want the board to behave, ‘Slow’ becomes WAY to slow. Medium is OK but feels kinda boring and I wind up using High 95% of the time. However, I do like to be able to warm up on Medium for the first minute or two on some days. I know vesc profiles is a thing. Are they only accessible through the phone app or can they be changed via remote?

He left to party after ride was over. I’ll sneak pics tomorrow. I’m sure there was a little blood.

7 Likes

Dude check his IG story :rofl: He complained about how it was the one time he didn’t go out in full leathers :crazy_face:

1 Like

Typical rob. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Looks like nobody in these pics wore anything like a bunch of geniuses

1 Like

The helmet remark was tongue in cheek, looks like he wasn’t wearing one.

Lessons learned. After my first bad crash (not my fault, truck snapped under me), I bought protection and wear it regularly now. I advocate others here using it as well. You just never know when something will break.

What are you rocking brother?

1 Like

Hopefully lessons have been learned. Ruroc helmet, armoured hoodie, gloves, sleeved elbow/forearm pads and 187 killer knee pads

2 Likes

Idk what’s the issue here

Just don’t fall

1 Like

Not too bloody, but after my last mishap 2 weeks ago, I’m upping my minimum gear to include knee pads and wrist guards every ride, even for quick rides around the block. Luckily, I had a Kevlar armored hoodie and helmet on, but still managed to separate my shoulder when one of my Carvon XL’s decided to get stuck full throttle and i had to make a split second decision to jump off at around 20mph. Took a couple running steps, tried to tuck and roll, but since I’m fatter, slower and weaker than when I was younger and could pull that shit off, I slammed my shoulder into the ground in the middle of my tuck. Looking back, I should have had my knee/shin and wrist guards on, and just landed on my knees and slid it out. I was only trying to slowly carve around the block a couple times at 12-15mph, now I’ve still got another 8 weeks of healing ahead of me. :roll_eyes: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: I still haven’t figured out exactly went wrong, but after I bailed, the board hit the curb, flipped over, and when I went to pick it up, one motor was still stuck spinning full throttle. So, I’m not going to take for granted how quick and easy it is to get thrown off or hurt out of nowhere from some random malfunction, even on short, mellow rides.

4 Likes

Heal up dude, definitely curious to find the root cause

1 Like

I finally found what caused my injuries from first post. After a week or two I discovered my rib was actually broken. This like the 4th soldering that came loose in the raptor and made me go kaa-bam.

4 Likes

So what did I learn today…

Dickyho airless may claim its all terrain but they suck in dirt. Glad i was tipsy when i fell or it could have been worse

9 Likes

Were you wearing shorts and no knee pads?

But of course!!
If you’re gonna be dumb, you better be tough!!!

Im getting a set of lazyroller armored pants but after three shots, I figured a nice ride in the hills couldn’t hurt. I usually wear jeans but this time, the alcohol and I said fuuuuuck it. I didnt account for the extra rocky terrain from the rain we have been getting on and off. After a a few dips, I catch a rock and lose my balance

I was more scared i tore something at first. My foot got caught on a rock and i skinned my inner knee while doing the splits. Im guess hyperextended knee at worst. I still was able to ride another 25 min. Once i got home, took some ibuprofen, a few more shots and a hot shower.

Be skating again tommorow…

6 Likes