Show them bloody pictures [NSFW]

The first one was under as well.

Edit: no it wasn’t

The difference between the first and second one is that they aren’t connected. First one was all one piece of string and this 8 seperate ones.

I just know that these stiches will probably hurt as hell since the knots are so fucking deep

first surgery

currently stitches

i gotta stop spamming this thread with my arm.

1 Like

Ok, lesson of the day learned. Don’t confuse max duty cycle and duty cycle limit start. Both were 0.85. My mistake.

Also, don’t be a dum dum, use safety gear. Proper motorcycle gloves, good helmet, knee and elbow pads pretty much saved me this time.

Safety gear damage

Road rash

TLDR; misconfigured duty cycle limits and took a spill at 45 km/h. Survived with minor road rash.

5 Likes

I did this EXACT thing. Zero bit fun.

3 Likes

The weird thing is that the duty cycle limit causes VESC FW to brake hard, instead of just refusing to apply more current to the motor. Might be a time for a bug report, not sure it should work like this.

Motor current was almost -30A immediately after the limit kicked on.

1 Like

Hey maybe we should build some kind of database about all known injuries, their main cause etc… Would be dope if this forum founded a solid base for eskate protection theory. Any analytics feel an itch for it? I’m way too chaotic lol

4 Likes

Made a bug report of the braking action when duty cycle limit is reached: https://github.com/vedderb/bldc/issues/207

Difference between gloves and no gloves

and the gloves

so happy I finally fell down with the gloves on lmao

4 Likes

Do you know what i just noticed?

Each knot has 2 endings…One of them has only 1 visible.

You know why? Because the other one is inside the wound (??)

The end is where the Arrow points at.
The other red line runs in parallel with the string

3 Likes

Running mtb spring truck with no dampers at high speed is a stupid idea :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

You have an Everting style suture. Each stitch is one loop, with a single knot tying it together.

Possibly.

The first surgery was a Lock-stitch suture wich i prefer.

Getting to the current knots to cut them will be a good challenge since they sit so deep.

If you snip the suture either behind the knot or the opposite side of the knot at the apex of the loop. Then use tweezers or forceps to grab the knot. Pull gently and the thread will pull out. Obviously don’t do that till it’s time for them to be removed, or go see your Dr. Whoever did your first suturing did a much nicer job. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Hell nah i’m not gonna do it myself :smiley:

I’ll go to the doc as always to get them removed. Officially on September 2nd depending on if the swelling is gone.

The string that was inside the wound got fixed. I put a needle under the string and lifted it up so it slipped out.

1 Like

Lol. No DIY suture removal?! :wink: Not going to lie, I’ve taken a few out on
my own…

1 Like

There are certain things i do not DIY myself. Removing stitches is one of them. :smiley:

The positive would be that i can take as much time as i want and can be as careful as no one else. The downside is that i don’t trust myself with that and i don’t have the right tools.

Scissors and tweezers? :joy:

The best tool i habe for that is a Wirecutter.

The scissors i have suck where the tip is, the gap is too big.

What do you do for teh moneys?

Remove everything and spot weld that man. :rofl:

3 Likes

That whole spot above my butt on right side is scarred and discolored from road rash there over and over :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes