5 Likes
10 Likes

I’m a professional I swear

5 Likes

I think this is one of my favourite enclosures of all time

4 Likes

I call it the purple submarine

2 Likes

It took a ridiculous amount of time to make. The corners were absolute madness, and there were so many of them. And getting all the cardboard out of it was also madness. Yes, I got it ALL out, and it only took about 618 hours with a rotary tool. :rofl:

details

This was taken about 80% of the way through the cardboard removal process.

1 Like

I made this out of kydex in 2 pieces some years ago

This one was once 2 separate enclosures that I cut and joined where that seam is. Also made of kydex.

6 Likes

3D printed enclosure with top mounted charging and power button. Added fiberglass to the seams and then sprayed bed liner.

7 Likes

Would like to see the process :metal:

1 Like

Lots of pics and stuff in my workshop thread over here RAWshop - Ross’ Alliteration Workshop - Workshops - FreeSK8

3 Likes

Best thread on any forum. Ever.

1 Like

Oops ill see if i can find more pics of it

14 Likes

Love your work! :metal::metal::metal:

3 Likes

Not bottom mount but I’m really proud of this one

18 Likes

Here’s my bottom mount contribution:

9 Likes

Oh i didn’t even think about top mount… Madness definitely had my favourite top mount

6 Likes

This is goddamn divine! Is there a thread about the fab?

2 Likes

I learned a lot of lessons with that build. The love/hate relationship was strong.

2 Likes

Evo falcon 36’ custom case. 3D scanned deck, made mold in fusion, 3D printed with zortrax (warped horribly, had to reinforce with lasered plywood frame).
End result is case that can house 2 cheap focers, and a 12s4p battery, first of it’s kind for short 36’ evo AFAIK. As a first atempt has horrible quality so I hope to revisit it someday. Key issue is shape that doesn’t allow deck to flex much.

7 Likes

What did you use to 3D scan?

3 Likes