Show me, What's nostalgia look like for you?

When ever I see adventure time I get hella nostalgic because I watched it so much as a kid.

2 Likes

That looks like my first 2 wheeler!!! Cept I had a ridiculous flag at the back and it was mostly rust coloured. Folks were broke when I was a little.
Plus I have a retro handheld that has all the good games. NES snes medadrive and the rest

1 Like

Insomnia was a great fuckin tune. Dunno if anyone else had this go on in their neck of the woods but in Toronto we had a stupid big rave scene and my youth was filled with what has colloquially come to be called “rave tapes” which were basically boootleg tapes of parties we went to. I owned an obscene amount of these fucking things. Unfortunately, I had neither the foresight nor the smart phone with which to take a pic of my stupid collection which is now long gone. What I do have tho, is a ridiculous online repository of these fucking things. God bless whoever put this together :heart:

3 Likes

Good parenting. I got good cop bad cop parents.

4 Likes

It definitely kept my grades up

2 Likes

3 Likes

Any old people remember a toy back in the late 80’s early 90’s that was in the shape of a gun (no orange tip), it split apart and was a home base of some sort. I can’t remember what it actually was, except that I really wanted to be shot by the police as a kid owning one.

4 Likes

I just almost got shot by the police as a kid during the course of expeditionary BB gun wars.

We had neighborhood world wars, with warring factions, traitors, through multiple long summer days and frigid winter nights, our only recluse being group spaghetti any old day of the week. Font lines ebbing and flowing from the west to the east, eventually culminating in major showdowns in the southern swampy valleys at the historic big kids treefort with weapons ranging from Grapefruit, to home made spears, rocks, paintball guns, airsoft guns, firecrackers… It was all fair game. We even made muskets to shoot those plastic electrical wire connectors when paired with black cats. Crawling through the underground tunnels we would attack from beneath the enemies feet… It was absolute hell out there.

Those were fun times.

6 Likes

:joy: reminds me only one of my cousin had one of those real looking BB gun we couldn’t afford one so we used to take turn shooting at each other of course the older one was an asshole.

1 Like

In 6th grade, we did a Civil War play at school. My dad and I made a rifle for my prop and everything went smoothly on the day of the performance. I was walking home from school and was aiming at everything pretending to shoot at things, next thing I know three cops car rolled up, then a cop yelled “are you stupid or crazy kid? I could’ve shot you!”

If I was black or grew up in certain neighborhoods I might not be around today.

6 Likes

When the music hits… its just something different. The music immerses you so much into the cool world that it is and it just never gets old. I have not experienced anything so far that makes me feel like part of a world… like the music of Warcraft does. That Harry Potter theme song also makes me feel like i am actually in the HP universe as well, but it is one theme. With Warcraft, its every music piece of every game, every expansion, every zone every moment holy…

3 Likes

That’s a scary environment to grow up in.
Real guns are not as common here so cops don’t even get as jumpy seeing a kid with a rifle pretend shooting at stuff.

1 Like

There are better examples. But I just downloaded the final fantasy 7 remake on PS4.

Before the internet and walkthroughs and easy ways to figure out what to do, I spent hours on this game. I mean hours and hours lost and just running around this open world. The original FF7 is likely the greatest console RPG ever made. The remake is pretty great too. Hitting me in all the 8th grade feels right now.

5 Likes

I’ve always been envious of what FF characters are able to do with their hair.

7 Likes

Damn what an amazing 75hrs I put in on my first run. Was fixated on max lvl. Had no comprehension of 100% back then so missed a lot of stuff.

1 Like

I just got excited that I get to force my kid to play these 2 shitty old pc games that I was playing around his age.

2 Likes

How old are they ? Video games from my childhood were made with ascii fonts, and I’m not that old

1 Like

Late 90s maybe early 00s?

So only relatively old. I still remember firing up dos and going through the list too :grin:

3 Likes

ZORK

3 Likes

3 Likes