Show Me Esk8 Nostalgia

When I scored 6 altered boards with the OG 107’s

3 Likes

I started sanding that comet last night . I’m going to epoxy it and paint it . I’ll send you pics

Here’s my nostalgia

3 Likes

@torqueboards which version is that mount again?

3 Likes

First board, VESC was only a dream in that time

6 Likes

Vesc 4.7, got this one from Jason, I think it was from the first vesc group buy ever… so that is basically one of the unit that start it all.

(Yeah, I know it is missing the MCU, I needed one… but it still work and as never been use)

And this is Focbox 001 alpha.

11 Likes

My first DIY boards back in 2015… they’re all dismantled/sold now ):

All 3d printed enclosures, loopkeys and lipos. Really janky builds :smiley:

7 Likes

I sound like a crazy moron!

10 Likes

@Mikenopolis Didn’t think people used trains in California

2 Likes

Not many. But we bought our place because it’s relatively close to the train station for travel purposes. Eventually my work moved to a location a block from the next station stop. I’ve only taken it a few time when I had car issue

1 Like

It’s been an amusing progression

6 Likes

Fixed that for ya!

Whoa! That is OLD OLD school!

5 Likes

My first board ever is pretty much the same thing as my board right now tech wise… the mechanical parts have changed but the tech is the exact same.

Board is two years old as of January 10th Ish 2020​:crazy_face: Here is some pics of the old board vs DEEIF Board V1.5 :grin:

Old:

Vs

New:

9 Likes

Endless sphere DMs @torqueboards

10 Likes

My first board is now in bits, but it was basically this:

Single hub, 7s2p, zero power. But it opened the window.

9 Likes

Wow that is bad. So glad u moved on to greater things.

2 Likes

Still on the same deck, same batteries and same enclosures, but I’ve upgraded the rest. To be fair I started off not bad at all, but my batteries are suffering now-a-days

3 Likes

That was the good shit. I still love those mounts… even now when there are a thousand other ones on the market. Those seem to be the only ones that get the motor real close to the truck, have adjustable belt tension without using an idler, and don’t rely on sliding the motor mount bolts to tension it. Plus they are rock-solid and don’t seem to come loose. However, they aren’t great for wicking heat from the stator, and they don’t mount reverse at all. Oh, and they are very difficult to find.

1 Like

@torqueboards I still have these blue wheels in my closet, and the trucks are on a push board - they are surprisingly stable when mounted drop through

1 Like

I have seen this mount on some older photos. Was this the shiit back n days?

2 Likes