Show (and name/link) your connectors!

Sure is. West System 650

8 Likes

Awesome thanks guys! So nobody uses anything else?

I’m looking for something that’s secure enough, but will be plugged in and out with every ride.

Guess I can fashion a handle around it of sorts out of JB Weld or Pratley Steel if I have no other choice.

1 Like

Why do you need to unplug your phase wires every ride?

Sorry for a bit of a necro, but I was trying to get some more MR60 connectors and it seems like the current rating for the pins is only 30A and the casing is rated for 60A?

3 Likes

I’ve been running 160A through two of them motor side, so 80A per. Keep in mind that if it’s not constant current, going higher is fine, hence the prolific use for phase leads.

1 Like

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.china-amass.com%2Fproduct%2Fcontain%2F01G5do45298528b9%23

They used to have english on the site… Looks like specs are 20A per pin continuous.

Anyone have suggestions for a waterproof 7 pin connector I could use for my balance leads?

1 Like

Why don’t you recommend them for sensored motors?

What the FUCK does backfire use to charge on the zealot? Why is connector type some kind of classified info. No matter what I google I cannot find a simple list with photos and maybe even dimensions. It definitely isnt a GX16-3P as it was exactly the right shape but too big. I’m GUESSING that the “16” part means 16mm so I went and bought a GX12-3P and I’m hoping for the best.

4 Likes

I can send you a pic of mine later. What are you trying to do? Fast charger?

I bought some 4A chargers for a couple local zealot riders. I now need to change the connectors on all of them when the GX12-3P’s come in.

1 Like

I would also like to know how people go about this…

This is relevant. Has some links.

Bumping this thread. Are there any new contenders to rival the MT60 and MR60 connectors? I have a build in mind and am looking at MR60s. But if there’s a slimmer/cleaner connector out there I’m down to test it out. Is there even a 6 phase wire connector?

1 Like

Banana bullets with heatshrink is probably as thin/slim as you’d get, never heard of a 6 phase connector so can’t help u there :slight_smile:

I wish someone would make a connector for 6x phase wires + 12x sensor wires. This is my current solution:

2 Likes

I think @BenjaminF was working on some a little while ago that combined the phase and sensors into one connector. Still would need two, but better.

1 Like
4 Likes

https://ebikes.ca/learn/connectors.html#higo-l10

Starting in 2019 we began transitioning all of our mid and high power ebike kits to use the new 10 pin locking L1019 HiGo connector or an equivalent from Cusmade. This connector has much larger phase pins than the Z910 and is available in up to 4mm^2 thick phase wire (slightly larger than 12 gauge) which has shown to be reliable for up to 100A currents for short times. This connector has 7 small signal lines. In addition to the 5 hall pins it allows for both a speed sensor and a motor temperature signal, allowing one plug type that does everything we want. We are using this plug with the same motor hall and phase colour standards as the Z910, and are using the extra white signal wire for motor speedometer, and the extra grey signal for a 10K thermistor. We hope to see this become a new industry norm.

That’s what the boosted rev was using iirc

1 Like