Should I buy an Electric Unicycle - EUC?

Yeah that was the plan for the start. With all the trails I ride it was a bit of a no brainer. Got a great deal on it since I got it direct, just no warranty.

I have over 400 miles so far, and it took me a while to get to the point where I was comfortable. Take your time, you got this. Keep messing with your foot position and leg angle. Eventually you’ll find something you love.

1 Like

Tell me more…

Wish I could. It was a group buy that I have no part in managing

1 Like

Squeezing contributes to wobbling - if you make an effort to not squeeze it with your knees I think you’ll find that you can ride faster without wobbles.

Reducing tire pressure helps too, but that also increases your risk of a bent rim if you hit a pothole or something else with a sharp corner to it. I mostly run 35psi. All the cool kids are running 40.

I ran 30 for a while, but only in areas where I know the potholes are few and far between.

1 Like

So do you guys try to think about diagonal tension?
Like pushing your right toe.anfnleft heel down type of thing?

I am trying not to squeeze the wheel.
But one leg is usually in contact with the side, as I am carving.

I went out tonight with the EUC kid and my Onewheel buddy and we rode 10 miles.

I was totally beat by the end of that 10 miles.

There were some times that felt like I was booking it.
And I still am getting lots of wobbles…
But maybe less.

Got to 19mph tonight

Oh that’s fine. While accelerating/going in a straight line, you shouldn’t have contact with the side of the wheel. I don’t think about diagonal pressure. I just correct wobbles subconsciously. For a while I would intentionally induce wobbles by braking really hard to get used to it. Wobbles on an euc aren’t as dramatic as esk8.

1 Like

I never thought of the diagonal pressure thing, but now I kinda want to try it just to see what happens.

I just found that with more practice I could ride faster before the wobble starts. I think it’s mostly just from being more relaxed / less tense, but I don’t really know. Which is kind of aggravating, because I like to analyze everything I do, and really understand it to the smallest details… but this aspect of EUCing is still a mystery to me.

1 Like

So today was an odd day in Riding the EUC…

I took it to go get my MRI that was just 2.5 miles away.

I really struggled finding my groove and had tons of wobbles… It was an off feeling ride for sure.

It was interesting rolling around in the hospital with the handle.

Can’t do that with a Onewheel…
Would have to ride it or carry it…

I was in this same building not too long ago with my Rally Cat short board and it was convenient to carry and push around on some of the hallways.

But getting around with the EUC definitely works.

Then I took a long way home and rode 6 miles.
And I still felt off…

I am guessing my body is pretty tired…
My feet were feeling tired and knees hurting.

But tonight 2 EUC dudes came by and we went riding.
And rode 10 miles.
And I felt really in tune with it, and it was probably my best ride.
Still just hit 20.
But there were lots of times I felt like I was booking it(probably just going 15, but felt fast)

Oh.
It was the first time out on the EUC wearing my Fox Proframe full face helmet…

Seems like a good idea.
Up to now I have been Rocking the half shell.

Really it was a totally good vibe and a fun ride. So seems really promising

2 Likes

I’m guessing that if you keep your speed near the edge of your comfort zone, you’ll just find that speed going up over time.

Or maybe not, but does it matter? I mean, as long as you’re having fun…

2 Likes

Hoping this makes riding an euc fun. Otherwise it’s being resold

1 Like

I’m about to quit. This is the same shit that dissuaded me for years. Bad bearings, 13mi on the odometer.

1 Like

that’s karma for u for getting an euc

5 Likes

Shut your whore mouth

1 Like

Is this the one you bought direct with no warranty?

1 Like

It does have a warranty, which is wait 2 months for parts to sea ship from china. I’ll prob just replace the bearing myself and be done with it.

2 Likes

Was it fun before pissing you off?

yeah i actually like it alot. rides like a brick, but it’s a pretty nice brick. kinda like a flux

1 Like

I have an S22 as well. I haven’t had a bearing go bad (yet) but I have burned out a circuit board, and I got one of the first-gen motors that are known for stator slip, and the suspension grease turned to glue so I spent a couple hundred replacing the slider with rollers…

The EUC industry is a clusterfuck, and King Song is a big part of the problem. The other major problems are Begode, InMotion, Extreme Bull, and LeaperKim/Veteran, which leaves… oh wait, that’s all of them.

2 Likes

Amen

1 Like

Totally, but if there’s a community uniquely equipped to deal with 1st gen product issues and manufacturer BS…that’s us :joy:

1 Like