Should I buy a Onewheel Pint?

I am now a little freaked out that I am getting it and just don’t notice it… and that more nosedives are imminent…

oh well.

You can try switching to redwood for a bit. I accidentally switched to redwood and got pushback at like 10mph. If you don’t notice it on redwood, something is not right.

1 Like

dude.
this was a great tip.

I remembered to try it tonight.

and sure enough. I now have experienced push back.

it is kind of trippy.

it seemed very pronounced.

just tiltedw back saying woah nelly!!!

I don’t think I had felt it before…

1 Like

I’m really surprised it hasn’t kicked yet. You must be much smoother with your acceleration than I am.

1 Like

so I felt the push back a few times today in Pacific X.

it does not seem as pronounced as in Redwood.
but I knew what I was expecting so I totally noticed it a few times when trying.

ride top speed said 16.6

1 Like

That’s pretty much where I hit it.
On a separate topic, I rode my Shit show board around the block today, first time in over a month. Could not believe how weird it felt…super stiff and harsh compared to the onewheel. I was worried that board would be unstable to ride with 15” wheelbase, but it feels like a tank after getting used to the pinx. I might be ruined.

it is a trip to me too dude.
and turning is so hard…

and the road is so bumpy.

It feels really crazy if I go and ride the Onewheel a bit, and then jump on one of the little boards…

but, did the little board feel way way faster?!?

Speed is perceived through so many physical and then cognitive factors that it’s nearly impossible for me to mentally place my speed without a cue of some sort.

I switch between like…3-4 boards, sometimes in the same day. And without a display or the presence of pushback, I’m totally lost.

3 Likes

Much faster feeling, especially down hill. This board has almost no rolling resistance compared to the onewheel.

2 Likes

Pint x shit the bed today. Riding back from lunch with my wife, cruising up a short but steep hill on my normal route home from the beach and the pint x nosedived at 10.3 mph with 58% battery.

That sucked, but what’s worse is it won’t turn back on. Walked home, but it on the charger and the app said it was 1% battery…keep in mind, I’d only ridden 6.8miles total on a full battery.

After about 2 hours the app had it at 44%. Unplugged the charger to see if it would stay on…nope. Nothing. Now it’s not even taking a charge. BMS or battery is bad. Started a ticket with FM. Wish me luck.

4 Likes

well.
shit…
good luck dude.

2 Likes

Definitely sounds like a broken connection in there. Either a balance wire or connection to the BMS, something like that.

3 Likes

also… since you are obviously hooked… are you gonna get an XR to ride now…???

1 Like

i want a GT now lol

2 Likes

I do too dude …

If I was the mature and financially conservative person I pretend to be (for my kids sake), I’d wait for the pint x to get fixed or my GT to arrive. But…no. An XR is arriving Friday. :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:. Picked up a used one from Suprents.com.

2 Likes

oh man…i almost did as well after you linked it. But I need to hold back as I still have 2 boards coming. I’ll wait for the GT.

2 Likes

Damn man…I’m really sorry.

I hope it gets sorted quickly.

1 Like

you are my fucking idol.
put a god damn tire on there…

1 Like

Used XRs are absolutely fine, get new plastic/rubber and they look absolutely mint

Even if the battery goes bad it’s not like we don’t know how to make a new pack

2 Likes