Shorten wheelbase?

Hi there!
Hope someone has done this before.
Is there a way to shorten the wheelbase?
I currently have DKP trucks on a Demondseed 42". But I can’t drill new mounting holes any closer because of the notch on the drop through portion of the deck. :sob: I circled the problematic notch in red. My goal is to shorten the wheelbase by 1 inch on each end for a total of 2 inches.

Hope I am making sense. Any ideas? Thanks!

1 Like

Yeah should work if you dont get any wheel bites.
For strengthening you can add FG with epoxy to make it ready for Armageddon.

Thanks. The issue is I can only move it like 0.5 inch before hitting the notch whilst I want to move it 1 whole inch if not more.

1 Like

No problem you can hacksaw here and there a bit, except the wheel bites maybe adding a new problem. You can try when shortened the WB then mount the setup and try if it feels solid,and even just from the eye how it is looking. If it looks to weak, its always to weak, then go the FG route.

Hmm. I might have not explained it correctly. There’s no wood for the mounting screws to go through if I shorten the wheelbase… Wheel bite is not the problem.

3 Likes

The only way I see that you would be able to do this it’s by using aluminum plates on top and bottom of the deck to make up for the lack of wood.

1 Like

ahhh me stupid :joy: :joy: :joy: i see i see

Thanks. Time to find some CNC machine peeps.

@eBoosted did the same thing you want just to make the wheelbase longer. Just a little metal plate is enough. You can probably make that yourself with a file or something

2 Likes