Shooting Esk8 Video: Hardware, Techniques and Softwares

Sup guys, what’s your take for vidéo shots in 2021?

Any of you using Dji Pocket or Dji Osmo Action? Or you went Insta360 instead? Or maybe you prefer Gopro stabilization?

Curious to hear some feedback!

1 Like

I’m looking for the same thing in 2022…

I’m about to buy a new cam - I’m torn between hero10 and heromax
(res or stability)

Anyone used either and happy with it or hate it?

1 Like

Has the Heromax been updated since it has been out?

Else I’d say go either for Hero10 or Insta360 x2 maybe.

Resolution looks damn good.

My personal on the go setup so far (too lazy to carry my Canon Rebel and all the lenses) :

• my phone (currently Xiaomi 11T pro) which gives decent results but I mainly shoot pictures in RAW + Lightroom or shorts stories ; haven’t had the feel to really shoot vids with it yet. Still it gets a bit noisy on the dark but catches lot of things. Good built in stabilisation but would benefit from a gimbal if you got the patience

• DJI Pocket first gen, I had it plus all accessories for a great bargain and footage quality is incredible for the size, specially if you add a ND filter and have enough light. Now it isn’t as versatile as a square action cam because you need to either carry a pole or mount it on an upper area of your body because the built in gimbal and lenses get deflected by hard repeated vibrations (tried mounting it on my boot for fast skating, footage was unusable).

If you don’t wanna fiddle too much with POV and wanna film yourself, 360 are just unbeatable.

oh dear hero 11 and max 2 apparently due soon lol

1 Like