💩 Shitty DIY and nothing else!

There is probably an instructable somewhere :laughing:

Metroboard, circa 2010

14 Likes

I don’t like that dude riding the board, his is riding a fucking flame throwing motorized board and he doesn’t look like he enjoys it. :triumph:

2 Likes

That was in 2010 before they even knew to use helmets :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks for the help, but I was trying to convince me it’s a bad idea haha

1 Like

It’s definitely a great idea

2 Likes

nonsense, as @b264 said, it is a great idea

2 Likes

I stand corrected. It is the perfect addition to an esk8 for Burning Man.

Also: look at that webpage, doesn’t that get you a bit nostalgic about those early 2000 webpages?
www.rockstarpyro.com

2 Likes

no worries, the welds have been redone, because I had a problem with the welding machine. the white marks are there to identify the welds to be redone.

e0ff4c717e91cc953c191323b47c0508
I am sure this is a Mike Beard build…

18 Likes

I find myself pretty competitive in this category this yr again :laughing:

I guess that’s what trying to try 1000 different setups … :sweat_smile:

29 Likes

What the heck do you put in these enclosures? :joy: How big is your battery?

3 Likes

Not all was wired inside when riding ^^

but I was thinking this at 1st for the roadtrip :

One make better with it’s 12s20p, spare part compartment and charger on board (AWD 9" too) !

23 Likes

Have you considered a trailer for the batteries? :joy:

8 Likes

In this pic, soo much WTF… Love it.

18 Likes

Those trailers were okay without any ability to move laterally?

3 Likes

Heres my first. 2015. RC esc and 6s lipo. I don’t miss that jerky start. And having to back off the throttle and reapply gently when accelerating up hills. Big urethane wheels was OK though. Last year upgraded with a vesc and 6" pneus. And I’ve just put on some tb218 and foamies for next season. :blush:

14 Likes

Was running my board like this for a while before i bothered to get a box for the batteries :upside_down_face:

12 Likes

One of the solder joints that was part of my first build. I promptly repaired it and all the other joints the first time I gave the board a once-over maintenance check, which so happened to be after my crash 3 months ago. So I basically rode around like this for a year.

11 Likes

Yes, battery was taped up and sits in a glass fibre protection casing which also includes the BMS, switch and a battery meter.

1 Like