💩 Shitty DIY and nothing else!

looks more like a DI why not, depends on what the indide looks like

3 Likes

I’ll nominate myself on this one.
CBXR battery is not an easy fit on the stock enclosure

4 Likes

Not your fault, really. I’ve seen a number of people using grip clamps to shut the box on that battery…

Not my cup of tea.

5 Likes

So it does fit?
Without fire?

1 Like

I mean… technically.

I’d probably take it to a shop, since they’ve likely done enough to have their own methods for avoiding crushing damage.

I’m not too keen on forcing a pack in to fit.

5 Likes

I’m good friends with Corey Bohene from South Florida. Him and Bara actually helped me out with the questions I had about the install. If i knew how crammed in there that battery is, I don’t know if I would do it again. It’s literally 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag

2 Likes

as someone experienced in the issue what do you think of a idea I had with someone on the OW FB:

Add a spacer to the hub motor mount in order to move the rails out and then print/cnc large battery and esc boxes. Then you just need to add some rounded strips to the rails to compliment the bang bumpers on the widened bottom side. Boom OW big enough to fit 22S2P packs of maybe 2170 who knows.

These hub spacers could also be built into the BN gearbox adapters.

1 Like

Right now I’m running the stock spacer and an aftermarket spacer. So yes that a very feasible idea. Personally, I think we should be doing just that. Instead of smashing cells into something my foot already hangs over.

1 Like

yep I think all this should be adjustable

1 Like

That’s really why I won’t build them, or put one in my board. Knowing a few repair shop owners, I’ve seen more failures resulting from that specific modification than I’m comfortable risking. Often it gets dismissed as installation error, but I don’t think that’s realistic. The pressure it puts on the BMS, the pressure the pack itself is under, just doesn’t coincide with all of the safety practices I’ve come to learn on this forum and elsewhere when it comes to accounting for safety in a build.

I’ve read enough bunk from self-proclaimed engineers and experts saying that their lack of issues in 5 months means it’s totally safe and that any negative experiences is user error, to just stay away from all of that energy. It’s just going to invite negativity and stress if I ever have a failure and have to choose between speaking out on it or keeping quiet.

So I’m just going to avoid it all together.

Best of luck on the install though. No sarcasm, I honestly hope it goes well and your setup ends up solid. Broken Onewheels are always a bummer and usually not the easiest or cheapest to fix.

6 Likes

I’ll be amazed when someone makes a flying car out of recycled amazon boxes.

1 Like

if by car you mean skateboard and amazon boxes meaning $10000 in stuff from amazon to make it we got a deal.

Also I think you mean an aeroplane, didn’t MythBusters do that?

1 Like

Note: This is NOT something I contributed to - it’s a friend’s handiwork. Figured it was too funny not to share, so here it is.

21 Likes

you know a cheap as dirt angle grinder has a pretty good helical bevel gear set if someone wanted to make a drive system using them.

7 Likes

Lower your standards up your average.

1 Like

Wanna see one apart I got a few? :wink: And miter saws have some good gearing. 🤷

1 Like

Any chance of a video of this moving? :joy:

1 Like
9 Likes

i8jrpfy8gma71

18 Likes

Owww I felt that and I’m not the one even on it

2 Likes