💩 Shitty DIY and nothing else!

If anyone wants to print a set I totally will. I have items to trade.

1 Like

We share an aesthetic prowess.

2 Likes

Hot damn, I just realized your top ply is an old Nitro snowboard! The motor cut out screams no fucks to give :ok_hand:

1 Like

And the bottom ply is a montgomery ward chair leg. :rofl:

2 Likes

not gonna lie, I’ve a stared at my kids old snowboards (90-110cm) and thought they look early similar to a mtb.

4 Likes

with enough fiberglass… like if you added a thicc enclosure underneath and a couple more ply.

metal plates on top either side for heat sinking and anti-snapping

2 Likes

I too have had this thought, but they have too much flex.

3 Likes

My first mountain board build was with an old snowboard too. I cut like 16" out of the center, put it back together with the cut piece on the bottom and bolted through the binding holes. It was fun.

2 Likes

No flex my way. . Just enough

1 Like

I’m ok at fiberglass stuff.

2 Likes

Can confirm, I took one down the hill once and had to will it not to snap. Like Quinn said though, some layer-ups maybe a stringer or 2 and it could be solid.

2 Likes

6 Likes

3 Likes

Printing the duct using your new hotend be like

2 Likes

63mm motors with 72mm wheels. I’m preetty sure 0.5cm of motor clearance is fine.

5 Likes

As someone who did that, no it’s not a good idea and your motors will look like shit…its mostly cosmetic damage but they will loose all their surface paint

The build looks good though, but for sure rotate those motor mounts up at least 15 degrees

6 Likes

Name it “Sparky.”

5 Likes

Naw I’m just kidding around. I’ll be throwing some cloudwheels on, but I wanted to see what this would look like.
The motor mounts actually won’t rotate any further. This is one of torqueboards old designs which is asymmetric too so I had to actually flip one mount over to get enough clearance. With the cloudwheels theres about 25mm which will have to do.

3 Likes

That extra 20mm should do you fine

1 Like

5mm is definitely NOT fine.

I’ve ran 8mm and it was an absolute disaster.

IMHO, for a street board, motor can clearance:

<20mm is a no-go
25mm is tight
30mm is acceptible
40mm+ is plenty

3 Likes