💩 Shitty DIY and nothing else!

Wait a minute am I seeing this right?!?

The guy really used 2 motors to make a 4 wheel drive? Interesting

5 Likes

yep. I’m wondering how long those belts are going to last. unless he only plans on drag racing it lol

5 Likes

Thats gotta be some decent strain on the shafts on some hard carving.

1 Like

Unless he got the hardest wheel possible and drift with it :joy:

1 Like

Now this is too easy.

2 Likes

i had to
inertia drift

6 Likes

Those look like DIYEBOARD trucks too :joy:

1 Like

More gold from Reddit

14 Likes

Well it could work but gotta have some skies in the front too lol

2 Likes

That’s sloppier than @brenternet after 3 wine spritzers.

Now 2 of those motors connected to an appropriately sized wheel pulley with a matching free rolling pulley in the back making some of that belt tension…

4 Likes

the belt is pretty fucking nice tho, if it is only driven from the inside it will prob slip like crazy hopefully they have a sprocket on top driving it as well as the inside rollers.

1 Like

6kw turned out to be a bit to much for this plastic pulley so I crafted a new one with some scrap steel and hand tools.

So much for precision craftsmanship. It looks straight out of the Flintstones :rofl:

Despite looking like trash it seems to work fine.

14 Likes

OMG what tire is that :open_mouth:

1 Like

:doughnut:

10 x 4 inchers from a scooter website: https://www.monsterscooterparts.com/4-10-3-50-4-pneumatic-scooter-tire-with-q110-tread.html

They’re cheap but they last forever.

Looks like you won’t be going very fast, with all that wobble.

They are pretty stable for 30mph cruising but i wouldn’t dare go any faster without properly balancing them.

1 Like

You’ve got ankles of steel king, 34+mph is wicked on slightly unbalanced tires and your tires look like ovals.

2 Likes

It was quite a rough ride until I installed a steering damper that seems to compensate for the poorly balanced tires.

My first true esk8 lesson is that just because you can build your own enclosure doesn’t mean you should. My DIY held up for quite a while till it starter rattling and loosing bolts.

RIP my first esk8 build :frowning:

8 Likes