💩 Shitty DIY and nothing else!

"Did you make that eskate yourself? " “No i bought this one but i did modify it, my wife calls me the tinkerl0rd for good reason. Quite proud of it tbh.”

3 Likes

I too bought a cheap complete longboard for amazon as it was like $4 more than a blank deck and free shipping. Decided to give it a try before taking it apart to sand and it was horrible. Had the wheel nuts tightened as much as they could be, but even after fixing that it still hurt to try and push it. The bearings were so bad that I struggled to get a good kick on it.

Also I am pretty sure the hangers were hollow aluminum based on the weight and the sound when sanding them. The only thing I used them for is testing out paints/ spray paint practice. Oh and I’m pretty sure it wasn’t even maple wood since it sanded way too easily compared to a brand named known maple deck I bought later on that took forever to sand

The hardware provided for use with the bracket extension by Waterbourne are phillips head bolts. Button head ones though and they are just long enough for the nut to perfectly fit onto them. See here:

I normally don’t like to use any phillips head bolts either since I have had issues with them stripping, but the ones that they provide are hard enough that there is no risk for stripping. Also kind of weird that they used to provided bolts to connect the adapter to the truck but then didn’t bother with them for the extender to the adapter :thinking:

Oh and they installed the extending piece incorrectly. The side with the open end is meant to attach to the surf adapter while the closed half goes against the deck. :person_facepalming:

2 Likes

I know, I have one :stuck_out_tongue:

Have you switched to different bolts on yours? I don’t have extras so I haven’t bothered to find replacements that aren’t phillips heads at the hardware store.

1st attempt

1 Like

Science!

4 Likes

Where is the shittiness?

2 Likes

I call BS

3 Likes

Obviously you can still strip it if you are trying to, but I meant more of there didn’t feel like there was any risk of accidentally doing it when using hand tools.

You’re using it to hold together solid carbon fiber and aluminum plates so when you tighten them down it is very clear when it is full tight/ when you need to stop. Also for that specific section you can use the screwdriver to hold the bolt still while you loosen the nuts. I am pretty sure that was the easier method of removal and made it to where you don’t need to worry about stripping it. Pretty sure I tightened them down with the screw driver but I might have used the wrench instead.

Using a drill is a different case and is just asking for it to strip imo. Didn’t think about it when posting since I don’t think to use my drill on that hardware or anything else on my board really.

4 Likes

Send it

7 Likes

1.That looks like something that will go at max speed of 10km/h with those huge ass industrial grade stepper motors.
2. Why put another esk8 deck with guts underneath instead of using it as main board.

1 Like

Those are stock evolve motors from the old gen lol.

They have a decent speed.

3 Likes

This is the shitty section and it found its home. This thing was a one night build experiment that essentially combined 2 stock boards onto one and needed two controllers to operate. One went in forward the other in reverse. I rode it around the block laughing like a lunatic. The one on the bottom needed the clearance to house the battery tray bump for the Esc. I recall somebody calling it the franken board…haha. The next day it all went back onto the the two separate boards again…and the boards where eventually sold off. It was done so that no mods, cuts or damage was caused to the original boards. It just used the all the same connections. I still have those spacers, 8mm aluminium tube with m4 nuts pressed inside each end and some long m4 screws sandwiched it all together.

5 Likes

Lol I just came here to post this same pic. Dear god.

3 Likes

Honestly the sandwich idea is very clever
It doesn’t deserve this thread :wink:

1 Like

17 Likes

6 Likes

what da f

1 Like

Holy f they got bindings on there too annnnd they used mfing 3D print bed pads for grip lol. Crazy mf.

3 Likes