💩 Shitty DIY and nothing else!

Permission to use this line next time I’m stopped plz. I’ll pull up a T-racing GPS log, try to convince 'em there’s a 20x40m giant rebar dick buried under the parking lot.

1 Like

I spent yesterday at the Henry Ford Museum, snapped a few pics of ROPE used creatively in agricultural machinery, race cars, and even aircraft. I’m with you on minimalism re enclosures… Canvas tool bags are my new fave for topside packs, secured with either a single rubber strap or pair of plastic buckle nylon cinch straps. I’ve also used shock cord & paracord to secure bottom mount enclosures. If you can make a cover or pack secure using simple stuff, why not!? Check out these clever uses of rope, none of which I’d be ashamed to rock:

6 Likes

I’m still mad at him for buying and uprooting the Wright Brothers’ childhood home and moving it up there.

Dick.

1 Like

Got my spare parts build back in shape and upgraded to awd (idea from @Blise518B). Hoping the cloud wheel donuts hold up. they are on probation due to the catastrophic failure of another set.

Battery is recycled, capacity and ir balanced, from two packs that died (one from physical damage the other from bad bms I think)

Here it is in prototype mode… velcro everything

It passed the initial testing and im starting to clean it up a bit.

8 Likes

14 Likes

Am I the only one thinking the center-of-gravity might be a touch higher than typical? :joy:

3 Likes

Deck making is… going well

6 Likes

Snickers bar vein concave

9 Likes

this man’s gonna have a bad time if/when he crashes

1 Like

That’s just a set of racing stripes, don’t worry you’re doing great

just sand it flat :upside_down_face:

Source: me, 2019. :smiley:

14 Likes

Clean build, pleasing color combo, sturdy construction…

My dude I believe you’re posting in the wrong thread.

3 Likes

Oh no, this belongs here. That was NOT a save setup. :smiley:

4 Likes

Also maybe it’s just me seeing wrong, but that deck looks like it’s getting serious delamination.

2 Likes

nah, its fine. Not that I could tell anymore though, it’s completely covered in carbon by now hahaha

More reddit diy goodness

2 Likes

2022-manufactured Molicels though. :grin:

1 Like

As long as the battery amps stay below 20A this is an okay pack. At least he is using cell holders, so no rubbing between groups.

1 Like

His balance wires are resting against sharp nickel though

1 Like