💩 Shitty DIY and nothing else!

Self shit post. I don’t believe in enclosures don’t @ me. Paracord, tape, velcro, zip ties, and a dream. Shifting from the mbs atom 95 (shitty 20deg tips) to an earthwing NLS 37 for that juicy concave. Waiting on my 3D Servisas risers so I can have a weird top mount with Trampa Infinities + obd + 8in pnummies. Peep the wear on the battery xt-90 from when I rode 78mm wheels and didn’t secure the cables because I was fiending for a ride. Quality shit post?

7 Likes

That’s the most water-resistant, brake-dust-tolerating, crash-proof, and longest-lasting design I’ve ever seen. :rofl:

/s

Seriously though, it looks like it only has a few tens of kilometers on it. Have you been riding that for any reasonable length of time?

1 Like

Took the electrified NLS on a run with 0deg in the back and 15 deg in the front. Then immediately bought the risers and shelfed the board haha. This exact battery, vesc, and motor setup has been working (hard) for me for many years. Although I don’t ride much but the vescs, battery and motors have seen ~500 miles. The trucks, wheels motor mounts only have ~30 miles.

I try not to crash, go in puddles, or ride in the rain. I think the road dust increases the conductivity of the electrons /s.

I wish I took more pictures throughout my diy lifecycles! I have some hilarious creations where I take totally unsuitable builds and just ride them. Here is the setup that ground down the corner of my xt90. Yes, I did ride it with plastic motor mounts and yes the grey part broke. https://esk8-news-objects.s3.dualstack.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/uploads/original/3X/6/2/62b42fca5af5c181d773ce5ed42fa7929660f910.jpeg

~800km

~50km

2 Likes

That’s pretty hard to believe considering the lack of dust and dirt on there.

3 Likes

This gives me the confidence to list my parts for sale as “Like New”.

3 Likes

Naah you must have just cleaned them. I’ve had my enclosure open for less than a week, no riding with it and there’s already dust everywhere. You’ve got an unnatural lack of dust m8.

3 Likes

Today i installed springs on my Trampa truck but had no dampas for it.

So I took some random pivot cups and put them inside instead (3 pivot cups for each spring).
Quite stable, did 53km/h. Will not be a permanent solution*

10 Likes

You know what they say; “redneck engineering is the best kind of engineering”.

I figured i’d put this here and see what you guys think. I personally love the vanguard deck and I love channel trucks. I’d kill for a 40" custom flex 2 guard with 35 degree angled tips for some mini trampa trucks with kaly barrel bushings, 110mm thane and the 12s4p 21700 enclosure that eboosted has cooking up. Maybe i’m crazy, or maybe i’m onto something here :rofl:

Who knows, maybe this is some weird meth induced rant.

1 Like

I’m just disappointed that you’re using springs

1 Like

That sounds dope to me, what would you run, gear or belt drives? I don’t have experience with channel trucks but what do you like about it more?

Fixed pivot trucks have much more lean/turn to them. They can physically turn harder. This makes them much more fun to run super loose imo as it’s hard to max out the turn on them.

I’d probably run gears since I don’t like dealing with belts and I like a gnarly sounding board. But this is all a fever dream that’s never happening, so there’s that.

3 Likes

Haha why not sounds like a dope idea

1 Like

you reminded me to check when I did my ‘temp solution’ so this was my fix for blown up foc boxes,

https://forum.esk8.news/t/the-private-lounge/9/21022?u=sk8l8r

this is held onto the 3ds external mount with that pink bit, an old 3.5 harddrive heatsink (that I KNEW sometime I would reuse lol)

and incase it rains

… “just for a test ride” turned into full use for a year :joy:

13 Likes

Awd meepo hubs velcro and cc foam. Let’s go!

5 Likes

Took this baby out for a night ride tonight, 15 miles on my 10s5p salvaged pack and no issues. Then my buddy shows up with this shit and makes me want to reassess my life choices:

Fuckin bonkers, i love it so hard.

32 Likes

@cfelzien you didn’t tell me you had a new mate!

4 Likes

Those phase wires double as a mud guard. :+1:

2 Likes

My own shitty diy… F’n drill collar slipped

Good job I’ve yet to put grip tape on :sweat_smile:

6 Likes