:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

and for the likes of “Sparky” we can add the ‘danger to home’ scale :joy:
:fire_engine: :fire_engine: :fire_engine: :fire_engine: :fire_engine:

9 Likes

its more like this :rofl:

:fire:
:houses: :fire_engine: :fire_engine: :fire_engine: :fire_engine:

6 Likes

Firstly I love this system, but I also think I have a beautiful example of a 4-5 :fire: pack sitting on a shelf here. When I get the balls to take it apart I’ll show you folks

So I’m building a new battery for someone’s Prototipo. They bought it, it showed up, and didn’t work properly. They reached out in the DIY NYC Eboarding chat and a few guys chimed in with things to check. After some back and forth, the person brought the board over, opened up, and I checked around with a meter. One of the groups was dead, reading 67 millivolts.

After talking about it, they opted not to only replace the dead P group, since he wasn’t thrilled with the condition of the battery build itself after looking at it.

Anyway, I’m making a new battery for it, and I’ll set it up and balance the wheels so it rides well enough.

Below is what I’m disassembling.

I rate it:
:fire::fire::fire:

9 Likes

Aaaaaaaa whyyyyyy

Those welds look like they’re barely holding on

4 Likes

I lifted the last of the groups out, and oddly enough, the series connecting folded nickel popped right off.

I’m lifting the rating to:

:fire::fire::fire::fire: :fire:/2

11 Likes

Poor 40T cells, they didn’t deserve such treatment

4 Likes

The new adaptive 3 wheel drive. If the load is to high it automatically deploys a third wheel for more traction. Only available on crappy mounts that don’t quite fit mbs trucks.

56 Likes

This literally made my day. I got an honest laugh out of it. Thanks for sharing!

7 Likes

I also laughed a lot but my friend complaining about his back slowly got annoying.

13 Likes

Knee scooter with a Lacroix Hypertruck, Stormcore, pair of their 6389s? Pure class, and a master class on OVERKILL. Nice work sir… making the most of your injury and eskate parts bin :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Looks like someone used a center punch to weld those :thinking:

7 Likes

LOL…handy!
Going for a patent or is he selling the manufacturing rights off immediately? :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Aha…this is that new, state-of-the-art, zero-joule welding technique I have heard about!

It’s supposed to save a lot of energy versus using all those pesky joules with a standard spot-welding setup. Verrry advanced stuff!

8 Likes

Consider your idea stolen!

That’s a stock Lacroix pack?

1 Like

Who’s is this?

1 Like

@TheBoardGarage spill the beans…

There is absolutely no way lol

3 Likes

for how much lacroix boards cost it better not be lol