*Serious* Mellow Battery Help!

Hey everyone, it’s been a while but I’m back. I recently picked up a mellow drive with 3 dead batteries in the attempt to repair them and get running again. They wouldn’t charge so I thought a fuse replacement would do the job, but upon opening them, it seems that the cells are completely dead.

I was wondering if anyone (preferably local NYC) could assist me in doing a cell swap? I would of course buy the cells and all that, and by the looks of the way the pack is built, it doesn’t seem too difficult, it’s only 14 cells :wink:. Even if I could get one pack up and running, that would be great.

For anyone that can help me, I’ll give you a FREE flipsky 4.20 plus Vesc, anti spark switch, an enertion-style motor mount, and a set of Orangatang wheels.

Let me know please!

2 Likes

If you can send them down the coast to DE I’ll happily do that :grin:

3 Likes

Damn dude, you’re always one of the first to respond and be helpful, kudos to you.

I’ll see if I can get anyone local here so I wouldn’t have to ship these, but if I can’t, I’ll definitely be in touch with you :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

@Scepterr ? :man_shrugging:

idk if he would be interested. Alternatively theres @ARetardedPillow who is about an hour out of the city, but I dont know if he does battery work anymore.

I was gonna tag him, but don’t know what he’s up to these days… :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Is a certain battery cell not working?

Is a certain battery cell not working? If there is no problem with the charging port cable, it is likely to be a problem with the battery core.

he said bad cells BMS may have drained it too

Hi
i’ll looking to do the same thing
How hard was it in the end?
Also did u upgrade the cells or keep them the same rating?
Thanks

Hi @NatS ! Don’t know if this would be useful or not, but I recently purchased a Mellow Drive second hand that came with a second non functional battery. Owner said that the battery was working fine until some water leaked into the USB port, so they actually batteries might be okay?

I’m located in NYC too, in Brooklyn Williamsburg.

A guess as a side note, @ARetardedPillow - have you had any luck with reviving a water damaged mellow battery in the past?

Cheers all! Hope to see you out there riding now that Summer is pretty much here.

2 Likes

Hi
Im trying to fix a mellow with dead batteries
Got the pack open ok
Has anyone fixed one yet
Looks like mellow are not trading and no one has a battery in stock thst i can find

I’m contemplating on selling my TWO mellow drives (2 batteries, 2 slow chargers, 1 fast charger, one has a little over 100 miles on it, the other has 380? Both batteries have been well maintained. I just ride around the neighborhood park with it here and there. Anyone here interested?

Originally got it because they said they would have the 4WD option which never happened. After breaking my leg Those smaller wheel sleeve just ain’t fun. I’ll post pictures when I get home to take them.

Hello.
Can i ask How to open battery.Mellow?
Thank you

Hi,
can i ask too, how open mellow drive battery ???
Thanks

I have had the cells in my mellow battery changed. The cells charge and can power usb devices. It connects to the remote and app (but without the double beep). The remote appears to changing riding modes but there is no power to the drive or breaking.

I am guessing that as the double beep has not happened the pairing routine has not successfully taken place.

Has anyone experienced this when changing cells and did you fix it? With mellow out of production i cant afford to loose another battery.

Thanks for any help.