Seen this on fb today

Honestly, it’s his own fault.
If it’s illegal it’s illegal, doesn’t matter if the law makes sense or not.
You are not allowed to drive an esk8 on German roads, so don’t fuck with it or just risk it and shut up if you get caught.

It’s like I would steal an appel in a shop and get cought by the police. They can put me in the prison or fine me. The argument that it was just an apple will not save me from it :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

It’s your duty to disobey laws that you feel are unjust. I believe that can be attributed to Thoreau.

6 Likes

I’m going to go for Jefferson:

“One man with courage is a majority.”

" The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

3 Likes

I’d tend to agree with that as well but we’re offering advice to Europeans. Civil disobedience is probably already a stretch.

2 Likes

yup… both sides of the Atlantic chuckle at each others foibles and inadequacies… I say glass houses and…

5 Likes

No doubt that our sandbox is full of all kinds of piles of shit. Still pretty comfy, though.

1 Like

I sympathise with the guy who got the fine but… There’s no way you get a euro3000 fine for ‘just riding’ an esk8. No way.

There’s more to this story that being told. Probably refused to stop when asked, or been warned multiple times beforehand, or abusive/aggressive language to police, or dangerous riding etc etc etc.

Yes it’s about that we can still get fined here in EU, but if you don’t draw too much attention to yourself then you’re better placed to avoid confrontation with the authorities.

3 Likes

They’re relaxed for now. Wait until someone does some stupid shit on one of those electric scooters and you’ll se another ban with road checks

1 Like

I think i’d rather be in prison for a few weeks to avoid paying a 3000 euro fine :rofl:

4 Likes

For him it would be a measly 60 days.

1 Like

just get a mountainboard ride in the woods, riding straight through mannheim isnt the smartest idea.
But yeah 3000 and a sized board isnt fair. For real if he would have beat someone up the punishment would be much more less. Welcomeee to germany

7 Likes

thats the problem, i have to ride through some sort of public space to reach anything remote. The next woods are maybe 4km away through all sorts of roads and intersections.

Is it clear what the so called “Event and Partyscene” in stuttgart that broke into stores and destroyed property will have for consequences? I bet that shit gets them nothing serious

2 Likes

yeah there is some stuff thats going wrong here. dunno. I guess every country has its pros and cons.

same for me, so I just throw the board into my car and go to the forest places.

I also find it sad how this country always praises everything as great and technological as we are and have to advance things like that, but then creative minds or people who want to do something will put 1000 stones in the way. The main thing is to protect the biggest idiot from the even bigger idiot. At age of 15 you can ride a scooter that stinks is slow and loud but the eboard is a problem, or look at these fucking e scooters everywhere, this thing is just dangerous compared to my eskate… Politics from the Stone Age

5 Likes

One benefit of owning a car

I think some people still assume we are joking when we talk about us sometimes getting treated worse than actual criminals.

1 Like

You pay a portion of your gross salary, 7,3 % plus a small (also limited) amount that the insurance company can determine depending on the services they provide. The dues are limited to be up to 4106€ per year (2020), your employer also pays 7,3% of your pay additionaly.
Students and children are covered by there parents. People without an income have the same insurance covered by the Agentur für Arbeit.

At the pharmacy you pay 10% of the drug price (50-100€ drug price) with a perscription, if the drugs cost less than 5€ you pay the full price, if it’s 5€ < 50€ you pay 5€ per prescription (can list up to 3 items).
Things like x-rays, MRI, sleep-laboratory-visits … are (usually) completly covered by our insurance if medically necessary/reasonable (referral from the doctor).
You can also apply for an exemption of copayments for prescriptions (medical tools like sensors or bracers also count) if they are higher than 2% of your gross salary (only 1% if you happen to suffer a cronic disease like type 1 diabetes …like me). You can also at least get a portion of such payments back when you do your taxes, as they are special burdens.

So far from free healthcare but reasonable and you don’t happen to end up without any healthcare just because you struggle financially.

3 Likes

Your ticket shouldn’t change based on how nice you are to cops.

But reality shows us that if you’re a dick to a cop who’s stopped you, for whatever reason or whatever type of transport, you’re gonna get the book thrown at you.

2 Likes