Secret Santa - 2020 Edition! (Voting until January 17th)

@Flasher i second that
It was entertaining but yeesh

8 Likes

Itā€™s more of like ask for things and then set yourself no expectation

Some people went over their limit some people didnā€™t

I agree with Flasher though, at least have one real gift on the list that is within the limit

3 Likes

6 Likes

i donā€™t expect fancy gifts, but i have some good shit that im planning to gift out :wink:

1 Like

There was no limit last year. I went out of my way to get a phub188 to switzerland

3 Likes

Doesnā€™t have to be esk8 related as it wasnā€™t for last 2 years

2 Likes

No upper limit, only lower limit.

4 Likes

Imagine it this way. Some people do customs like briman and sender. A limit for them would mean they canā€™t give out their marvels

5 Likes

true, art is unjustifiable with value

3 Likes

If he chose to participate, yes. Who knows, but Senderā€™s gifts have always been epic

Also there should be a no stinky gifts rule

Like if youā€™re barely on the price point, especially the lower one, maybe consider not participating. Thereā€™s nothing worse than sending an awesome gift and then getting a half-ass effort

Thereā€™s certain levels of maturity in gift giving? Idk if I am getting the point across or just waffling

2 Likes

Was an example. Cus we could factor in all the vendors who participate and can give out something of their making like moon or derelict.

2 Likes

Iā€™m likely gonna buy new. As always, I donā€™t hold spares of anything.

3 Likes

Same haha most of my stuff goes onto boards or is REAlly old.

Thereā€™s reason I have 4 working boards

My parents are going to start questioning my spending when my MTB comes together and my other kit gets put onto a board and I have 6 working boardsā€¦

Good thing Iā€™m moving out in 2 monthsā€¦

3 Likes

Gets harder when wife doesnā€™t want me to move out :joy:

3 Likes

You can pretty much say goodbye to superfluous spending once you start paying rent :cry:

2 Likes

That is a good point. Fortunately I told the fiance about the new board

@Agressivstreetlamp Iā€™m ready for the pounding. Not looking forwards to it. The MTB board will probably be my last esk8 spending of the year. San Diego rent and saving for a new car will be getting the Esk8 fund

Thereā€™s no serious tag so someone feel free to stop the waffling. Anyway, it would be a shame to not have the Santa this year but ultimately itā€™s up to Groz, he does the heavy lifting

2 Likes

Think itā€™s needed? Iā€™m down to slap one on here

Idk probably not, I would think if it was Grozā€™ thread then yah but itā€™s up to you

The only thing is that the polls are covered up now, but theyā€™re at the beginning of the thread, so probably fine

2 Likes

Yeah I made the thread asking abt whether we were doing it and it kinda morphed into the official thread, idk how lol. Iā€™ll leave it up to Roman

2 Likes

So are use sawing a new rikon 14 inch bandsaw is something I shouldnā€™t expect?

Dammit I was hoping for that one :rofl::rofl:

Then you get them the American challenge we are not to judge as Santaā€™s of what out Santee wants.

1 Like