Searching for a mini VESC

Hey

I’m on the hunt for VESC based ESC around the same size as power requirements as the MINI4 . Does anybody know how to produce it or can link to something similar?

Think the gerbers are available on his github, you can make some yourself? If i remember right the pcbs arent very cheap tho

It is. I just dont have the skills to do that. If anyone can - hit me up :sunglasses:

Tempting, But I doubt the firmware has been kept up to date with the rest of the vescproject so there are some legwork to get this working with the latest fw. I could help you make some pcbs(not that I already have too much shit going on) but I’m reluctant to start diving into the code. Not really my cup of tea even tho it would probably come out alright in the end.

rumour has it that there are som smaller vescs in the works. Maybe you can hold out for a few more months? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have you looked at the Makeer X mini?

2 Likes

Yes but the square size is not ideal for my UAV use case. However could be my plan b just for this prototype.

1 Like

I dont need the latest FW. If you’re interested pm me your price to make 10. Do you have links to any of these rumors?

1 Like

From the little i understand there going Squar to reduce track length and interference and increase the reliability and load. If you want a long skinny VESC then I think there going to be a rare find. Wish you GL in you search

I have pictures of said ESCs, that i can’t share :zipper_mouth_face:

what is the dimensions of these rumors? ;p XD

I dont need the big power potential that current VESC’s offer. So a smaller size is possible. The current esc we use is 19% of the footprint of a VESC6.

Can you pm me the person who sendt the pictures?

1 Like

Can’t PM myself, I took them

3 Likes

We have quite a small dual vesc based esc that might be good for you needs Currently 20% off with the code EScontroller20.

You might want to pop in here and see if they’re offering something you can maybe use:

If you are still looking, I am selling tiny ones, can find them by searching
“a50s team triforce”

They are 6s max, and will do 23A continuous.
Dimensions: 34.2 x 17.9 x 5.5mm without wires
Weight ~19g including wires and heatshrink

1 Like