Sceptre Motor Mounts | Matrix III & II | 22x22 mm hangers ( Apex air, Moon Luna )

Production Motor Mounts are available

One set includes:
Two motor plates
Two clamps
M5 hardware for the mounts and M4 for the motors.

Features:
Compatibility - MBS Matrix III & II and 22x22 mm trucks (e.g. Apex air & Moon Luna)
Mounting - strong clamp down with one M5 bolt (+ optional setscrew) no fiddling around
Finish – Raw, shiny as machined (no anodising) or Black anodised
Material - 6082 T6 Aluminium
Weight with hardware - 440 grams
Centre to centre distance - 100 ± 5 mm
Mounting angle adjustment - 30 degrees
Motor pattern - 44 mm (most common 63xx motor mounting pattern)
Support - idlers (quick adjustable M5 captured nut), TPU bump cover and cross brace

The design has been tested for over a year now and has been fitted on MBS MIII, MII and Apex airs (see
pictures of the first version below)

The mounts are produced in house in The Netherlands and the manufacturing of this batch will be documented in this thread. You will be able to see your set go from raw aluminium to the final
product.

You can find more info on the manufacturing here and on our Instagram:

Pictures:

Pics of the first design iteration being tested:

16 Likes

It’s so pretty :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Mounts fresh from the bath :sweat_drops:

This set is going off to anodising already together with some other parts to test the finish.

3 Likes

Render of the Black Mounts

4 Likes

The prototypes I’ve been running. Love them.

6 Likes

Beautiful. Much respect for making these parts yourself.

3 Likes

Thanks Phil :pray:

1 Like

The mounts came out really good looking! If I’ll ever go back to chains, I would definitely get a set of those. Well done :ok_hand:

1 Like

Signup closing this friday! That’s when I will order the material for the first batch. Still have some spots left.

2 Likes

Any plans for caliber 2 mounts in the future?

1 Like

Not planned, but I can always make some clamps on request. Not that hard to adjust.

2 Likes

Black anodising test, came out great! Last chance to signup for the first Batch. Will order material tomorrow.

20230413_173745_AdobeExpress

3 Likes

Last hours to get in on the first batch!

1 Like

They look awesome. Well done mate :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Thanks Liam appreciate it :pray:

2 Likes

Man these things are making my accountant squirm

1 Like

Tell him to also buy a set.

1 Like

Stock came in! Will start machining soon.

4 Likes

Today’s golden hour marked the last motor mount from the first batch orders coming off the machine.

First raw sets will be shipped out start of next week. The others will go out to anodising and will be shipped once back.

20230603_203545_AdobeExpress

Been sharing the progress of machining through instagram, if you are interested in following the processes give us a follow.

9 Likes

Can these work with 18t/78t pulleys?

1 Like