Scam Scam Scam: Nikola Boards

Alright guys, I don’t normally do this but I think we need a little bit of investigation here

Today I received a fishy looking DM on Instagram from what is essentially a spambot account that people purchase to send messages to others on Instagram, you can see a screenshot below:

unnamed

Red flags immediately because it’s “Overstock,” it’s Teamgee clearly - I recognized the name, and they didn’t even bother to try to rebrand. Nothing is actually free, and it’ll be overnighted? Really?

Anyways… Here’s the “Nikola Boards” website. It’s a slapped-together Shopify store that isn’t even quite finished yet. Check it out for yourself here:

I’ve reached out to contact on both the website and the Instagram account to see what they have to say. It also appears that they have bought a lot of Instagram followers, 144k seems awfully fishy for the three posts they have.

To add to insult, these Teamgee boards aren’t even worth much anyway. It’s all very odd. Check it out for yourself and let me know what y’all think.

Edit:
This is what happens if you attempt to check out from my location (Kauai right now)

10 Likes

7 Likes

2 Likes

grafik

2 Likes

ftfy

4 Likes

Lmaoo welp at least we have a public facing warning on this site too. I never searched reddit since I don’t go on the esk8 subreddit there super often

@EreTroN better? lol

4 Likes

the last time i went there was because @xsynatic said something about wet leaves :joy:

2 Likes

4 Likes

facebook gonna facebook

5 Likes

I don’t get it. Why am I tagged here? :man_shrugging:

Lmao I got confused because @frame changed his profile pic to a color very similar to yours, sorry

6 Likes

Im a tako

3 Likes

Prepare to be yaki’d.

1 Like

i will just respawn from the void

2 Likes

I am the void O.O

2 Likes

Someone say void?

3 Likes

Pretty sure you’re trying to avoid them