*SCAM ALERT* neoONE S deck GB - $210. [Closed Now] (SERIOUS)

Well that’s unfortunate

1 Like

Me, I don’t like aggressive concave. Mild is better. Jet Spud/Tayto too much for my feet.

1 Like

It could definitely use some more concave, it’s there but it’s quite slight… i’m gonna try add some before I skin.

6 Likes

@glyphiks does your lid have a bit of play when inserted into the deck? (And not secured with screws)

2 Likes

Yep, but I don’t think you really want it too tight, i think the little bit of play is just right.

You could eliminate the play with a bit of foam tape or something :man_shrugging:

Are you gonna install some sort of gasket? If so what material do you think would be best?

2 Likes

I’m thinking of adding a piece of 1-2mm neoprene on the lip the lid sits on. I just hope it won’t make the lid sit above the surface of the deck.

2 Likes

The tayto does have some insane concave though. It makes most boards feel flat.

7 Likes

Maybe add more fixings to pull it down tighter :man_shrugging:

Or use a planer to take the lip down a millimeter and then put on the one millimeter neoprene.

1 Like

The lid need some move because wood can expanding and contracting. If make too tight fit it can expanding and never open again.

9 Likes

Tape it off and spray it with that flex seal stuff or similar aerosol rubber product maybe? Gotta be the thinnest waterproofing you can do that isn’t Stark tech Nano coating.

2 Likes

I love the concave of the Tayto. Was doing some deep carves on a descent down one of the tallest/steepest/longest hills around me and had tons of confidence. That with the new evolve gtr wheels… felt glued to the ground

5 Likes

Just wondering
What kind of threaded inserts would be most appropriate for securing lid to body?
@jeffwuneo

I so want an E-version of this 33" deck… maybe NeoDeck V4?

1 Like

This kind of insert work best. You put screw into insert and then can hand turn and lock insert into pre drilled hole. No need for power tool.

6 Likes

What size do you recommend?

What size are the insert for the deck?
Can see that there are holes pre-drilled alr

I have the same problem but not the same deck. I got a MOV-E deck from LukePL. The lid is hold down with 14 screws. I can feel the lid with my hands. But standing on the board I don’t feel the 1-2mm hight difference.

2 Likes

M4 is the accepted default

1 Like

Received mine Monday. It has some scratches and some dents probably from shipping like everybody else.
Other than that it’s all good. No cracks

4 Likes