*SCAM ALERT* neoHUB Group Buy (Same as loaded motor but sensored)

smart question.

no 10mm for this version, and to Moonies’ point, there’s no shoulder bolts for that matter… have to use a HeXL hanger.

Can we get more info on the ESC loaded use. I feel like we are in the darkest timeline for ESCs

2 Likes

Sadly no one else got it :sob:

2 Likes

idk but we’re not touching Unlimited’s electronics or Batgirl batteries.

If I had to guess, HW9006.

http://www.hobbywing.com/goods.php?id=641&filter_attr=&security_verify_data=313434302c393030

Edited to add: Neo does have an all-new, automotive grade FOC-mode ESC in the hopper, based on their automotive experience (I believe he mentioned it’s from their electric passenger bus).

Jeff and Neo take automotive very seriously; Neo will not even prototype a gearbox for me that’s CNC, as Jeff insists on using 100% automotive-grade, hobbed steel gearing ($$$).

For VESC, there is no substitute for Vedder by Trampa.

5 Likes

it’s all fappening

5 Likes

2 Likes

I just don’t get how these hubs get locked on the truck, just by the friction between the hanger wall and the motor?

7 Likes

11 Likes

I guess it is a conical press fit. The hubs come with a tool to torque them down pretty strongly

6 Likes

Make sense, I know there probably lots of them running without issues, but i would always have a bit of uneasy riding any board that a critical point like this is relying just on friction

6 Likes

Yeah these are basically collets, like for lathes and mills. They clamp down on the axle and hangar face, just make sure all the faces are clean and they shouldn’t slip loose

6 Likes

prosumer :slight_smile: and agree wholesale, my friend.

we never need to hype anything on this forum; we’re all friends and we share our own specific experiences, to make things better.

As you can probably tell, I’m happy for these hubs will be an affordable option for the Free Folk, yet out of over 20 completes here, I have exactly zero on hubs ATM (we have at least 6-7 hub drivetrains in the garage that are unused, including 97mm curved magnet prototypes from Landwheel, Hummies, Mellows, Maytechs, Jacobs, etc.).

The giant-hub-motor-in-a-Stooge-wheel project is what I’m personally obsessed with, yet I do look forward to showing what Neo can do.

We have always experienced bad products from China; it’s time to show what China can really do, and we think Neo is the best of that.

14 Likes

Did you get some place left in your garage, my friend !? :stuck_out_tongue: I would leave there!

2 Likes

Will it fit on this truck landyachtz dinghy?

1 Like

This made by factory in Dongguan. I visit them before. You want this wheel also?

3 Likes
2 Likes

I share finish design we making yesterday. Please help me to finish survey if wanting. We get 10 response so far.

is it not possible to make the thane wider than the hub on each side ?

This 85mm version. I show 90mm in moment.

5 Likes

If make PU overhang then can have problem of no support. Mean PU will easy to break.

3 Likes