*SCAM ALERT* neoHUB Group Buy (Same as loaded motor but sensored)

I reply later for you friend. I need to go to our machine shop.

4 Likes

Speed vents, so much choice in durometer

3 Likes

Best damn wheel ever made.

3 Likes

rAwrgh,Iā€™m usually a patient guy but I want dem hubs :smiley: Naow

3 Likes

Everyone can getting after next week :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Jefffffff youā€™ve been saying next week for weeks! :kissing_heart:

Donā€™t forget my shirt! :joy:

4 Likes

We making as fast as possible! I print tshirt for you this week.

3 Likes

I know Jeff, Iā€™m just winding you up.

Canā€™t wait to get them rolling :ok_hand:

1 Like

Itā€™s all good. Iā€™ve been telling myself Iā€™ll finish the battery for this build ā€œnext weekā€ For the past month or so :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

We winding motor by hand as fast as can :rofl:

14 Likes

Hahahahaha you got my pun!

@KfromtheBay my battery is done but I am procrastinating on routing my wires until I have the hubs in handā€¦ still need some risers too with the cable channels in themā€¦ oh, and I need some trucks :joy: i might order them nowā€¦

4 Likes

Oooh baby. Ordered.

images - 2020-03-27T010054.924

14 Likes

Is for your neoONE deck?

2 Likes

Yeah mate :+1:

6 Likes

Alright 777 message count, I hit the jackpot :slot_machine:

Iā€™ll bite : @jeffwuneo NeoHub is supposedly packed with 14awg copper.

This is me holding 18awg copper and my hot wife portrait in the background.

I fail to see how the copper wire you use in your last IG post is anywhere the promised 14awg (should be way thicker than mine but is thinner than mine), could you please explain?

You use multistranded instead of single strand?

Your IG post for reference

EDIT : Language barrier, nothing to sweat, please go on!

9 Likes

Multi-stand can be packed denser than one single strand. Pretty standard practice in motors for better fill.

Can you imagine trying to route a single 14 gauge copper wire through that. Youā€™d get maybe 3 strands in and youā€™re done with a bunch of air space.

3 Likes

Itā€™s not that simple, you actually can pack almost the same fill with single wire, and actually more, since the percentage if insulation is lower

Itā€™s a pain to do, it has to be done by hand and takes time, just ask @hummieee, Mellow board hub is also wound with single wire

0720fe0433047f9c522fe3e3d1800c6ea251c36f_1_666x500

14 Likes

Like @Pedrodemio, and multistranded has way higher resistance. Nowhere single strand thick wire. More losses, more heat. So I call BS this is not 14awg.

Edit : My mistake, itā€™s 14awg width but not for the copper. Whatever, please scroll down.

4 Likes

I think thereā€™s probably a sweet spot. Thicker wire is less insulation but more wasted space inbetween adjacent wires. Thinner wire is more insulation but better packing

1 Like

Actually. The thicker the wire, the thicker the insulation

https://www.coonerwire.com/magnet-wire/ So that theory has diminishing returns.

The thicker wire is also susceptible to insulation damage during winding, the thicker wire has has a bigger bend ā€œradiusā€, stressing insulation more than thinner. And for every picture you find of single strand winding fill, I can find a multi strand with a better fill. :wink:

3 Likes