*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

I will take them. The design looks robust I can see room for improvement though.

1 Like

is this a four layer pcb?

i guess it’s time to send him a thank you note, and find a different integrated deck to put them steelhubs on

1 Like

The gerbers he posted on github this evening are 4-layer, yes.

3 Likes

It’s 4 layer the only issue is the place file needs reformatting, I was going to use jlpcb to assemble the top layer but they only offer that on 1 Oz copper PCB. So I have opted for 10 PCBs and 1 screen on 2 Oz board.

He told me he uploaded it so its free for anyone to make it.

5 Likes

Does this mean he’s calling it quits?

I hope he releases the V6 as well.

I am on the verge of calling it quits, I might give it a couple days… just cause my focboxes seem plenty sufficient for now and I don’t really need them. If they were here already i’d have built with them. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Like how Jason is trying to start selling his leftovers again?

6 Likes

I don’t know anything about getting pcbs made, but can you just upload those files to an online service and have them made then? How much would they run?

Does any one knows of a good substitute vesc for the two neoV6 around the same price i didn´t want to spend more then 300$

1 Like

Right now, only two used Focbox.

2 Likes

do you know if this are any good?

1 Like

:man_facepalming:

9 Likes

don’t

2 Likes

what´s the problem?

1 Like

1> they are sold illegally from Jason’s stash
2> some are refurbished units, you don’t know until you receive them
3> since no.2 you are risking your money in a defective product

6 Likes

i thought some of them were also rejected units also?

1 Like

Message received
I’m staying away from them…

3 Likes

I know imperiumboards @elitejarcool are selling refurb focbox, u might want to look into that.

Here is the link:

4 Likes

Thanks I will look in to them

Pretty sure this is exactly what Neo did, look at how well it worked out for them?

ESCs are not just trigger pull production because your yield will be garbage without proper QA/QC processes in place.

4 Likes