*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

From China to Netherlands it is only the cheap and ‘free shipping’ that is taking longer. DHL is like 3 days.

I find it odd that someone receives a tracking number form April 30 while they post a CAD drawing of the updated case on Instagram on May 3.

But hey, all of us are hoping he comes through with the goods. He would make it a lot easier if he posted a picture of some actual products in the works. Takes like 1 minute to do. I don’t need to see the guys ID.

2 Likes

whats odd about it? The tracking from the 30th is the beta/tester neobox that had to be re-sent. Without the new case or any of the missing new things

For weeks now i thought “don’t ship the tester box and just let me wait until the production batch is ready because what do i want to test now? It’s over…”

But that would’ve been unfair.

2 Likes

I didn’t realize this was a prototype resend. That explains it. My apologies for wrongfully throwing fuel on the fire.

3 Likes

Yeah it was because according to DHL i’m on a/their blacklist for whatever reason. Even after providing my ID they refused it.

Could it be because you were marked as a highly dangerous criminal after being caught eskating by the ‘esk8 stasi’?

6 Likes

That could be possible. Although my charges got dropped so technically my criminal record is clean as always.

5 Likes

I send him a message today and I received am email that doesn’t bode well

This was probably an automated response…

BUT STILL

It’s weird that it still says 10 to 12 days…

lay off him he has produced this so fast

no other company has been as quick as him so there will be some minor delays

10-12 days isnt that bad

when you paid for it you knew it wasnt a production product and you would wait

6 Likes

Thanks for the update. If I can be honest though I think this is great. I am pretty sure us who tested these waited more than a couple extra weeks.

I really think we need to cut Jeff some slack here, he’s human, not a god, the state of the world is crazy right now. If any other vendor was being honest with us saying our parts were delayed an extra week of two would we flip out, or no? I’ve waited months on parts before, and it’s never been seen as bad, is something different here because he is in China? Compared to all the people who ordered Ollin decks, Mov-e decks, Hummie Hubs, new flexls, BMS’s or remotes or escs that have been unobtanium or in development for ages with no end in sight, hey at least Jeff does deliver even if shipping is a bit delayed due to the crisis and manufacturing may take an extra week or two. Personally that’s nothing to me, even as much as I want to see my build come together. To keep some perspective, I probably won’t even see a tracking update for my remote before these ship at this rate.

7 Likes

I’m not here to lay on him
I posted it so that other people get updated
But I still think it’s weird that the up date is the same has the weeks go by

Edit: I support Jeff I order from him while people where going after him, I want in to succeed in giving the people the NeoBoxes

6 Likes

Well this is what you get when you pre-order anything. Look at literally every Kickstarter ever, and worst case at least you didn’t buy into an enertion Black Friday deal ready to ship today!!

3 Likes

Not automated. I got that response and then answers to other questions I had asked him

Bear in mind that all of China just got back from holiday. I’m not sure when he last posted 10-12 days but it it’s within 5 days (how long the holiday was) it makes sense

Any update on the order shipment?

no

5char

I swear to god, the production batch will arrive at the first real customers before i get my tester version :smile:

6 Likes

I sent Jeff an email asking when I would receive a tracking number (ordered early March) and could expect shipment. On May 1st I received the same response posted above by @Algaliarept. Really looking forward to my V6!

However, I never received a tracking number. Has anyone else experienced this? No tracking number? Thx

4 Likes

Yeah I ordered in early april and i havent received anything about my order at all, hopefully something happens soon but corona is making everything kinda crazy

yeah they are still being made last we heard. I’m not expecting tracking for at least another two weeks… I am assuming Jeff is being somewhat optimistic with his projections.

3 Likes

Ok. So I’ve been super busy with a move and my company launch so unfortunately my board building hobby has taken a hit and I haven’t been too active. But my choochoo build has almost all the parts after a long long wait. I’m just missing these neoboxes. Can some one fill me in on what happened?

3 Likes

SNAFU

7 Likes