Savage1 TKP Trucks

Maybe optional length kingpin :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Small update on the progress of these…
Base plates are done. Hangers have been ready for axel end machining for a few weeks now, but I’ve been trying to come up with the best end profile to accommodate for some sort of a standard. This has been difficult as I want to accommodate for as much interchangeably as possible without compromising on durability :sweat_smile:.
I felt that a 22mm square would be a good start. @ApexBoards but trying to make that fit the BN M1 gear drives, (not AT).
The biggest challenge for this, is my axel design. It will be a 10mm axel, but with a 15mm flange screwing against the hanger. (I will not stray from this).
I’ve got a design for a belt drive motor mount 22mm with 6mm chamfers that could also replace the hanger mount on the M1 gear drive.

More info coming….
I look forward to any feedback, suggestions, and criticism.
Axel end machining is happening tomorrow!!

17 Likes

I like how you just did Kevin’s job for him. You get a gold star. Unless you’d prefer it raw of course. XD

2 Likes

Nice dude! Getting keen!

I think if you made your clamp the same as Kevin’s would be ideal! Is there enough room tho to accommodate the flange and still be strong enough?

1 Like

hmm would it make sense to machine a BN 220/270 hanger profile to 22x22 AA adapter?

Bearing options are not great for 10mm axels. I love the Zealous type of bearings with built-in speed rings and spacers. So convenient. I haven’t seen an equivalent for 10mm axels.

I would much rather have 8mm, though I can imagine strength could be an issue.

Anyway, this is minor. Great progress. Can’t wait to test them out.

4 Likes

He could offer some custom spacers for 10mm :open_mouth:

Or maybe @Anubis could hit up the Zealous factory (since he did get a custom batch made once) to ask if they’d be down to produce a 10mm version for the esk8 community?

8 Likes

There’s a number of 10mm axles in regular sk8 too. Surprised that they aren’t already out there

4 Likes

Hell, I just want to find a consistent supply for 10mm speed rings!

1 Like

The moulds for the 10mm ID built ins were closed :(((
Seismic MAY still have one open, but I dont think they do.

The next nexus restock will also be primarily prebuilt focused so I’m not sure I’ll stock stuff like that, not for a long while at least (Will still have quite a lot of useful stuff, motors, chargers, pulleys, wheels etc. Just not really DIY specific stuff)

4 Likes

Don’t wanna barge this vendorish thread but I do have 10mm inner bearing spacers, and lots of em. May make the switch to 10mm axle easier.

11 Likes

Good to know. You’re not barging, your input is more than welcome anytime! :+1: :smiley:
(plus, who said I’m a vendor)

6 Likes

Stuff for 10mm axles:

https://www.aluminumspacers.com/spacers-by-metric-hole/10mm-hole/mas16-10-10

4 Likes

Thanks! What thickness do you think is best for speed washers?

1 Like

I use 0.5mm

3 Likes

I was actually in contact with the founder of Zealous not too long ago.

In the grand scheme of things, there is absolutely no demand for 10mm bearings or any esk8 focused bearings.

We’re… really smol. He ain’t gonna be touchin us for a long long time, if ever

5 Likes

I’ve got 8mm and Ive got 10mm bearings. @Savage1 just make them whatever you want brotha lol. I’ve even got 12mm bearings if you’re feeling sciencey lol.

1 Like

Do you live in the US. Looks like the speed washers are from the UK.

1 Like

Best 10mm shims are from McMaster. Pretty fuckin expensive but they’re quality steel & perfect tolerance. Cant remember if they’re listed under shims, spacers, or something else. Depending on how much spacing you need you can also just use another bearings inner race

5 Likes

If you can find them please let me know. I’ve been using 10mm copper washers that look like pennies with holes drilled into them.

4 Likes