And the build begins!

24 Likes

yep im in love

6 Likes

:ok_hand:

17 Likes

AmazingMadDingo-size_restricted

3 Likes

And the build is done! Absolute best trucks I have ever felt. Thank you Phil!

16 Likes

Nice shot :ok_hand:

4 Likes

That photo is gorgeous.
I need to pick up a set of these sometime for my hurricane, I’m not a super huge fan of the stock DKP trucks, even with 96a riptide bushings in.

4 Likes

These trucks are very good. IMHO these are the best riding TKP trucks currently available. The only issue is availability. If that gets sorted out, lots more people will be using these.

6 Likes

There’s also the issue of the motor mount clamps being / coming loose over time. I would like to see a V2 with that issue fixed, because otherwise these trucks are 10/10

Given how much machining already goes into these trucks, I feel like having an integrated plate like Evolve DKP / Propulsion boards trucks do would make a lot of sense, and would even become another feature – as such a solution is bulletproof, and even makes assembly easier.

5 Likes

Integrated mounts can be problematic for people who dont just want to use basic motor mounts though. Gear drive compatibility has to be considered too

4 Likes

Use the same mount, and a longer axle if needed :person_shrugging:
+ gear drives with steel gears are even slimmer than belt drive setups these days…

1 Like

Is this not solved by using some high-strength loctite? I don’t think I’ve taken a close enough look at the mounts for these trucks yet.

3 Likes

Maybe the green kind used for filling in gaps for gear pinions would work, but I’m a big proponent of mechanical solutions that don’t require threadlocker.

4 Likes

Agreed. If it meant I could utilise my radium evolve mounts I’d order a set in a heartbeat.

2 Likes

I don’t think that is going to be enough. I think the solution is epoxy. My trucks developed the play others are experiencing. I am thinking about using JB weld.

3 Likes

Yes, this has been an issue for some, which I don’t like. Since there are an even number of sides, and an odd number holes, one could rotate the adapter 8 times to get a new position, (2.36 degrees). This is cool, but, in reality not totally necessary. Actually, the last few sets I’ve sent out, I pressed those adapters on, and haven’t heard of any complaints of lack of adjustment. (There are still 21 holes)
Going forward, they all will be pressed on. I 100% agree with @rusins in mechanical over a retaining compound.

6 Likes

is my set one of the few that’s pressed on? the order that was shipped to Hong Kong

3 Likes

If there is a significant amount of play, (the kind that would develop over time) I agree that epoxy would be better. But, if they don’t have slop, but rather just slide on like the first couple batches, then green compound like 609 will be just fine. But, like I said above, the new adapters will press on.
Another change coming is a reduced angle for the front truck. I have talked about this before, but never gotten around to it yet.

3 Likes

Yes, I believe so. (Can you pull them off?)

1 Like