Savage1 TKP Trucks

I think this would be super cool to see in a production truck. The only way this is achieved currently is with aftermarket mods no?

3 Likes

@rosco, something like the liquid fyre?
@glyphiks

3 Likes

Don’t trip poppys have them.
It’s something LDP and slalom riders do to bennetts

I did it on my LDP board. Seems good. Pretty easy but dremel and epoxy is ghetto.

5 Likes

No, but that looks cool too.
Kinda like the ronin queen pin (ish)

3 Likes

@Titoxd1000 is working on something along those lines I think

2 Likes

The one used in DTP seems a lot smaller.

All trucks that are interesting. Steering mechanisms for a board.

kinda a place to talk about that here, i would like a split off for any axle spherical pivot having truck.

1 Like

Yeah that’s the plan. Have a concept for trucks similar to liquid fyre trucks with many improvements (imo) for esk8. Maybe we can have something for testing early next year.

5 Likes

I think 250mm hangers and 220mm hangers are a good place to start. How about two different options or baseplate angles? It would allow those of use who want to run TKPs on both ends a little added stability.

1 Like

I’ve been running the standard surfrodz baseplates with mine, dewedged 5 degrees in the rear and it’s been awesome

1 Like

I think another thing that would be cool is to use long bushings in the boardside position. This would allow for a little bit more movement and decrease the tuning radius.

With the use of a spacer, a standard height bushing could be used for those who want less motion.

You could even use a longer bolt to allow for the use of a long bushing in the roadside position. Could make for a carvy ride without the need for DKPs.

2 Likes

Tkps are pretty damn carvy even with just standard size bushings.

2 Likes

True. It just adds another level of adjustability without too much work. I really like DKPs unlike most people. I use Chamber Trucks and they use a tall bushing in the boardside position. I think it makes it feel carvier. If you want less carve then you can used a spacer and standard height bushing.

2 Likes

Maybe optional length kingpin :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Small update on the progress of these…
Base plates are done. Hangers have been ready for axel end machining for a few weeks now, but I’ve been trying to come up with the best end profile to accommodate for some sort of a standard. This has been difficult as I want to accommodate for as much interchangeably as possible without compromising on durability :sweat_smile:.
I felt that a 22mm square would be a good start. @ApexBoards but trying to make that fit the BN M1 gear drives, (not AT).
The biggest challenge for this, is my axel design. It will be a 10mm axel, but with a 15mm flange screwing against the hanger. (I will not stray from this).
I’ve got a design for a belt drive motor mount 22mm with 6mm chamfers that could also replace the hanger mount on the M1 gear drive.

More info coming….
I look forward to any feedback, suggestions, and criticism.
Axel end machining is happening tomorrow!!

17 Likes

I like how you just did Kevin’s job for him. You get a gold star. Unless you’d prefer it raw of course. XD

2 Likes

Nice dude! Getting keen!

I think if you made your clamp the same as Kevin’s would be ideal! Is there enough room tho to accommodate the flange and still be strong enough?

1 Like

hmm would it make sense to machine a BN 220/270 hanger profile to 22x22 AA adapter?

Bearing options are not great for 10mm axels. I love the Zealous type of bearings with built-in speed rings and spacers. So convenient. I haven’t seen an equivalent for 10mm axels.

I would much rather have 8mm, though I can imagine strength could be an issue.

Anyway, this is minor. Great progress. Can’t wait to test them out.

4 Likes

He could offer some custom spacers for 10mm :open_mouth:

Or maybe @Anubis could hit up the Zealous factory (since he did get a custom batch made once) to ask if they’d be down to produce a 10mm version for the esk8 community?

8 Likes

There’s a number of 10mm axles in regular sk8 too. Surprised that they aren’t already out there

4 Likes