Savage1 TKP Trucks

Hmm, doesn’t seem like there would be enough slot length. But not sure :thinking:

2 Likes

For standard 2.78 spur pinion gear are M1 23T and for 2.2 are M1 29T spur pinion the drive gear are M1 64T, i never see 2.2 for helical.

1 Like

The diversity of the Savage TKP!!

18 Likes

Battle Royale

2 Likes

That’s a good way to carry a spare!

3 Likes

Im quite happy with the function and the aesthetics are growing on me.
This is what i did:

7 Likes

Still haven’t tested these on a board that can go fast, but with the tall roadside bushing in the front these trucks are certainly very carvy! Feel like DKP, but without any of the unpredictability :+1:

(I’m running tallcone + cone front, barrel barrel back. All 90a Krank)

10 Likes

I was hesitant in buying these as my current trucks were working fine (meepo hurricane dkp) but today the kingpin snapped in two. Wish I got these earlier, stick me on the list if you can :frowning:

5 Likes

What’s the wailist looking like these days? Are all of the next batch spoken for?

1 Like

At least one set is. :relaxed:

2 Likes

I’ll have 5 sets of non anodized available December 9, that are not spoken for

4 Likes

I’ll take one of dem please! :pray:

5 Likes

I’ll definitely take one of those! Need something to ride on that won’t break on me.

2 Likes

I’m developing some play in the octagon mount. It starting to get annoying. Anyone else experiencing this?

1 Like

Yeah i have a little play in mine, have been considering taking them off and just epoxying the bastards on, but i’m scared to try take the handle off cos I know I stripped one of the screw heads when i put it on, so i’ve just been persevering :rofl:

2 Likes

Is there any particular epoxy you guys would recommend? If I am going to do it, might as well use the best epoxy for the application.

In the past i’ve used regular laminating epoxy and 5 min epoxy as well.

The laminating epoxy was removable with heat, the 5 min epoxy may as well have been a permanent weld :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

its called tack weld

2 Likes

Good to know. Some epoxies can be softened with heat. Honestly, I really do not think I will need to remove the motor mount pieces one they are in place.

If I had access to a welder, that could be an option.