Savage1 TKP Trucks

Are we ever going to be able to buy a pair? Or is this a project. I have a hurricane and I get speed wobbles at 20mph. Need something alternative.

3 Likes

Message Savage1.

1 Like

If no response/luck, try here:

2 Likes

For a beautiful topplate .essage @SabreDynamics

26 Likes

Did the stock motor pulleys stick out enough to make full contact with the belts?

Hey guys, what belt length would you guys recommend for a 60t pulley with an without the tensioners?

1 Like

365-375 assuming a 16T motor pulley
The center to center distance is 80mm

4 Likes

I was finally able to adjust the pulleys on a stock Onsra Black Carve II and test the trucks out.

I am about 190lbs with all my gear and am running a 90a barrel/87a cone Riptide Krank and 90a barrel/90a barrel on the rear. The trucks are very response but stable at the same time. A bit too stable in the front. Very precise handling and easy to hold pretty much any lean angle you want.

There are some changes the trucks would benefit from.

1. The front truck would probably benefit from a 35 degree baseplate option. This will make the trucks a bit more carvy. Another hint for those that would like a carvier front end is to use a barrel/cone combination.

2. The motor mount plates would benefit from being recessed in such a way to allow for stock motors to mount and have a decent belt line. I had to move out the pulleys on the stock Onsra pulleys about 3-4 mm. On a positive note, I learned how to use a butane torch and melt permanent Loctite.

3. I have mounted several pulleys to the axles and have found the spacing between the pulley and motor mount plate just a little too wide. Subtract 1mm and this will further help with the belt alignment with stock motors/pulleys.

4. A bit of a nitpick, I would love to have baseplates that allow for the use of tall bushings. A small spacer would be included with the trucks to allow for the use of both 0.75" and 0.6" bushings. Interstingly, the included kingpins are quite long and you can mount a tall bushing roadside. I have never done this before and may play with it.

7 Likes

Processing: B0ED2386-9417-4D98-86C5-808750F1A7C4.jpeg…
Uploading: 350507E4-F572-4984-9660-37CADE34EBD5.jpeg…
Uploading: 02F89D11-1FA2-4534-997B-4166D6906B0F.jpeg…
Uploading: 2FAC7D18-2574-4B42-B372-2B819F2A8DEB.jpeg…
Uploading: 2F5D3532-D15A-4DD0-92DC-9B3CDFD95C52.jpeg…

1 Like

I thought higher angles meant more turn, lower angles meant less turn? Is it opposite on TKP? Or did you mean something else?

Other than that part which confused me, excellent feedback, thank you!

6 Likes

You gotta wait for the pictures to finish uploading before posting your reply :ok_hand:

Oops!

2 Likes

5 Likes

They do, unless its’s opposite on TKP, which could be, since they face the other way

3 Likes

If you get speed wobble at 20mph. The problem might not be your trucks, but your Stance and Valance, should also adjust truck’s correctly. This is your first eskate

1 Like

Try changing your bushing position. Tall one should be on the ddckside instead. Will increase pivot movements :thinking:

I wish I could. The spacing for the board side position is meant for a 0.6" bushing. Putting a tall bushing in that space would put the pivot pin at a angle that will wear out the pivot cups real quick. Phil may consider making a baseplate in the future that will allow a tall bushing to be used boardside.

So here is my personal opinion about angles and trucks. The steeper pivot angle is, the more rotation and the less lean you get. At the same time, the truck tends to become more carvy. The shallower the pivot angle, the more lean you get and the less turn. More stable. Anyone with a better understanding of truck care to comment?

1 Like