Savage1 Custom Machined Parts For Esk8

60T-48T kegel Boyz and girlz :star_struck:

Thank you @Savage1 I love the machine raw look

13 Likes

Wasn’t going to say anything… but I guess why not -

When you first posted the pics of the axles, immediately noticed while they look very high quality, 8mm portion is just standard hub/wheel length.

I feel like we’re at a point in ESK8 where there is a good amount of demand for extended axles to accommodate wider hubs/hubs w/an aftermarket spacer for stretched tires that so many people like to run now.

Any thoughts about making some batches w/a extended 8mm portion? It’s always easy enough to slap normal wheels on an extended axle and put a spacer in-between the wheel & axle nut if you want the shorter width for turning/carving benefits, and there really isn’t much axle sticking out if so - but you can never put wider hubs on a standard axle.

& This is a question I should probably know but don’t - if you wanted to run a wider hub on stepped axles like these, are there any issues regarding how forces get distributed and such if you run a 10mm bearing & 8mm bearing in the hub? Definitely somewhat dumb, but I feel like if you have the spacers it would work.

3 Likes

If you’re running wide hubs, then why would you want an 8mm axle to begin with? Wouldn’t 10mm or 12mm give you an easier time finding bearings?

5 Likes

I’m just wondering from the perspective of those who may have a stepped 10mm to 8mm axle with standard 8mm length wanting to experiment w/wide hubs using what they already have. Popping in a differently sized bearing is typically more convenient than getting a new axle if available.

10mm - 12mm axles are definitely ideal for wider hubs though.

4 Likes

@marketthrowaway Nice question/comment.
The axels I made for those hangers are 53mm long, (10mm dia. is 19mm long, & 8mm dia. is 34mm long.) The hanger width is 250mm.

The risk of bent axels is not worth it to me. (I currently have a 240mm hanger with a bent long 8mm axel on my bench) Cough… @cfelzien …Cough…
I feel like we are at a point in Esk8 where aftermarket spacers for stretched tires should NOT be a thing, rather, proper wider hubs are being offered with the “standard” bearing to bearing distances. (24mm ish…?) I’m currently playing with a 50mm wide hub as we speak.

11 Likes

Hubba hubba! :star_struck:

Received these beauties in record time from US->NL and that’s despite all the global shipping issues rn.

Neatly wrapped and packed. Beautifully crafted. Strong, lightweight and curiously sexy. And that’s just @Savage1 himself! :laughing:

Can’t wait to get these on the Luukie hubs! Great work, @Savage1!

16 Likes

I still got to adjust the mount angle but I’m loving these 60t kegel pulleys :star_struck:
Thank you @Savage1 your fab skills are top notch :call_me_hand:

10 Likes

Tried the same with my man @Savage1, package got lost two times in a row. :laughing:

2 Likes

:eyes:

3 Likes

Do you make 48T abec pulleys?

2 Likes

The man asking the important question

1 Like

Actually, just started some abec yesterday. 40 & 42T. Got some Hoyt 111’s coming this week!
Could do 48t

8 Likes

Have you ever made TKPs Phil? Esk8 needs more TKPs

7 Likes

Not so far. I’ve had a few requests. Somewhat like SR or Tiller, but stronger?

5 Likes

What’s your shop rate?

1 Like

Surfrodz but stronger and less weird around the bushing seats.

I’ve never ridden tillers so I couldn’t say, but the surfrodz are awesome trucks when they’re not broken.

And a normal kingpin instead of the stupid backwards one

6 Likes

Usually between $4.00 - $100.00 / hr :upside_down_face:

15 Likes

(#@%$^%$&^#*&$%$@%$~ I NEED THIS @#$@$#%#$^#$%

e: real abec or clone one? im hoping 1 would fit both

1 Like

Well that range is outrageous :joy: how do I get in at that 4 dollar price point.

2 Likes

Real core. What wheels have clone?

1 Like