Salvaged cells disposal UK

Does any one know what to do with old cells over her in the UK?
I bought a complete from a guy, decided to look at the battery and saw it was bad news
All the cells are balanced so I’m not too concerned about a fire (yet)
But I think these need to be disposed of properly
Thanks for any advice

pics:

1 Like

search for your local hazmat

some hardware stores in the US take them also

1 Like

Yeah it looks pretty rough doesn’t it, kind of beyond me how they got to this state

1 Like

looks like insulation failure or it got wet, idk

1 Like

It wasn’t even in shrink wrap though, so when they opened their board they’d be able to see the damage, guess some people just don’t care

1 Like

Take them to your local tip (waste recycling centre?)

1 Like

Looks fine. Run it. Up your amps in VT though, to make sure you get everything left in there.

Cool, I wasn’t sure if there was somewhere special you need to take them but that’ll do

“From February 2010, shops selling more than 32kg of batteries a year (approx 345 x four-packs of AA batteries) have to provide battery recycling collection facilities in-store. This means there are now lots more places where you can take your old batteries for recycling.”

basically most UK supermarkets have battery recycling areas where you are able to safely dispose of lithium battery. there’s usually a clear tube with a green lid that you can put them in somewhere near the tills or customer service. for unprotected cells just make sure they are well insulated before putting them in.

You can find your closes battery recycling point here

6 Likes