Rubbisher | Madrid DH deck | HaggyDrive AT | dual ESCape | 12s10Ah | DAVEga X & Metr.Pro

Now that summer end, the MadSurfer will patiently wait until next year. I need a little AT during the rebuild of the new Darth Vapor
Something like the Burgunboards I was riding last winter :

That could also be my spare board, or for my love, or friends, or between two rebuilds.
I will reuse everything that takes dust around me :grimacing:
(I wasn’t that much inspired it’s why I choose the rubbish name due to the rough building, not the parts used ^^ )

I was needed a wider deck, with more space to accommodate my stance and start thinking about an old one laying around.

• It’s an old Madrid asymmetrical DH deck, 9 plies, little dropped, W concave.
  • And I have customized a bit the shape, Break the block appearance by lightening the center of the deck, also make it symmetrical now. And I send it all. I think I will let the natural wood like the finishing.

(the deck is shorter (compare to the Axis), and maybe it is still a bit shorter for my stance, but I should be able to put my feet a bit rejected, as the shape gave me more place to use finally… I hope to be understandable ^^)

• I have to go with extended mounting plates because I don’t want to cut the shape and it will be where the “dropped wave” is located (the space that I will use as gas-pedal/ foot stop), and I want to let it full size now I can enjoy a wider deck! ^^

:arrow_right:

For now I will reuse the HaggyDrive (2 in 1) of the HagXis :

So it will be a belt drive for now, with 15 x 60 T, 190kV on 145mm AT wheels :arrow_right:
I will start with a split 50/40° setup (the purple base plate on other photos is the PNL 40°, here the raw one is a 23°) :

I plan to use my Dual ESCape and I came out the enclosure I have earlier this year for this deck :

I have tried to add some little details :sweat_smile: :
“Segmentation” in 3 parts, disbursed space for VESC heatsink, a recessed place for switch key … etc.

I put it roughly under the vacuum … And seeing the last eboosted mastering build (the red longboarghini :blush:) I add some printed part, just like I did yrs ago

2 big fiberglass layer, 1 small and 1 of basalt, all quickly roughly made…
not the best, but after a little finishing glaze is should be good :crossed_fingers:
I start to crop the outline of the enclosure, glazing, and I send all I can (now, it looks dirty, but once painted it should be fine ^^)

Ok so, this is where I have stopped before summer and the road-trip.

Now :

I have just painted the enclosure

Make some holes for wires, switch key and put ESCapes in da place :

Extended mounting plates prototypes and put inserts in place on the deck etc. (yes I change the Haggy Berg. rims, the green will go on another board :upside_down_face: )

DAVEga X addons (little riser and sunshade) :

I should receive soon the magnets to make the DAVEga shield removable quickly - thanks @janpom for the great modular idea!

And a new HaggyDrive pulley cover / motor-mount bumper / motor fender and mudguard for Bergmeister wheels & Kahua trucks.

In summary

• Deck : custom Madrid DH 9 plies
  • mounting plates : extended ones, a raw prototype for now
  • Trucks : Kahua trucks (50°) and a PNL 40° base plate on the rear.
  • Wheels : Bergmeister 145mm AT wheels
  • Motor mount : HaggyDrive (insane motor mount conception <3 )
  • Gearing : belt drive 15x60T HTD5mm W15mm
  • Motors : Haggyboard 6364 190kV sensored
  • ESCs : Dual ESCape (production round)
  • Battery pack : lipo 12s 10Ah 20c
  • Module : Metr.Pro
  • Monitor : DAVEga X
  • Remote : GT2B custom 3D print
  • Enclosure : :mechanical_arm: custom (FG and Basalt finish layer, vacuum on the deck)

I think I have to put all the rest together now :v::relaxed:

More to come soon ! Thanks for reading !!

30 Likes

Damn dude! Epic build! The enclosure looks awesome :ok_hand: looking forward to seeing more :+1:

3 Likes

Glorious job. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Unknown

5 Likes

Is that red reflective tape? Eventually I will glue that on my motors. Do you have a link for that tape?

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the kind words mates ! @glyphiks @Rojitor and @topcloud :sweat_smile:

(...)

(I try to apply myself, but when it’s a build for me I’m doing it in a hurry (always thinking, ok I will do it better latter, or nevermind I plan to just keep this for a 1st ride etc…) even if it take months to assemble lol, I will try to do better than this year/end of last year)

Not reflective, but I fall in love with this satin chrome Vinyl cover for light can protection (there is also chrome, or flakes metalic looking too), that I have set on the 2017 Darth ^^ (like Im still using this same motors)

4 Likes

I forgot to say, that you make awesome builds, @Riako.
Let’s meet at Paris next year, for riding our builds.
I could carry the pc parts to paris.:wink:

3 Likes

:hugs: thx mate !!
I would love to (too bad I missed it this yr, was in a trip MTBike DH WE with friends) !

haha, thank you for the proposition, I still need a fµc£ing new PC to simplify my life and design easily, but I spend too much on other things for now (fucking car…), plus buying a house soon (I need more space and a garden track :rofl:) its time to make some economy - if possible lol
But like you say, maybe next yr yes !

EDIT : 1st post EDITED with a parts listing :wink:

1 Like

i likes your tape enclosure more XD
jk. sick build!

1 Like

Do you have a link for the esc? I can’t find it online.

Beautiful… love the guards!

1 Like

Sorry Kaleb… It comes from smalls batch from Stewii … when he was making them (someone should take over/take up the torch)

Here more info :

About the build :

• loop-key mount set
  • ESCape set with Haggy Motor, Tx/Rx etc., wiring almost neat (or not) lol …
  • Neoprene glue inside the enclosure (not the cleanest way but it’s better than nothing ^^)

I just have to set velcro under the deck and LiPos, plus maybe install velcro strap loop-mount/support on the deck (or after some ride test if I see I need it).

That’s dedication! Really nice

1 Like

Hey e-riders !

Some little news about the build. It is partially finished. I made some ride tests last WE.

I have to order and find the appropriate bushing setup.
The 40° rear base plate feels nice, plus the long wheelbase feels super sable (maybe too much).
Also, I have to test it on the kart track to see how it handle turns.
The deck is good too, I like the light W concave with a wider deck more shaped. I still feel a bit narrow if I want to ride harder I think (kart track will say).

Some more details :

DAVEga X almost ready :

Next :

1. finish the magnet shield and install the DAVEga X on board !
  2. put back in place motor fender, and test mudguard.
  3. finish wiring etc.
  4. made a custom GT2B case.
  5. :thinking: I’m sure I’m messing something …

:ghost: Happy Halloween :v::jack_o_lantern:

6 Likes

The BOTTOM label on this pic is cool. :laughing:

4 Likes

Good WE all :v::smiley:

2 Likes

I lost a bit some time again on the Mudguard … :sweat_smile:
And print them. It should protect a bit more and be more solid too.
Now :

Previous :

I will take pics tomorrow, but I have some work to do before to mount them.

4 Likes

Hey e-riders !

I was preparing some stuff to DIY (testing those 3D prints), and I was interrupted by the postwoman :

I think the BRO is in da place !!! I will have to seriously start thinking about the successor of the DarthVapor now !

About the Rubbisher :

• finish and install front mudgard 1st
  • I rethinking about the DavageX … and it will finish on my eMTB I think, but I can still use it here a bit.
  • Im trying to make something to cover those extenders trucks plates (working on the front one 1st) … I don’t think this look nicer or I have get used to it a little … maybe just a vinyl skin can do the trick.
  • Start to think about a quick charge access, I’m to lazy sometimes to open it and recharge itch battery in the pack ^^

:v: Good WE

6 Likes
1 Like