Routing cables into board a

Hey guys-

About to finish this boosted clone w a 12s4p and 6374 motors and flipsky esc… I tried looking up some old posts (LHB had a nice one on the old forum- but the pics are gone!) - interested in how to run cables to the Motors either routed into board from above or below and maybe filled w epoxy? Are people using flat braid to carry the current? Any advice or pointing In the right direction would be much appreciated

1 Like

here is a thread, in process…

2 Likes

The way loaded runs wires is a slot in the top of the deck, a strip of kapton tape to hold it in place, and the grip tape over that. All you need is a chisel or router

Yes I’ve seen the way boosted does it/ what guage wire? Flat braided cable?

If you are going to rout, it is best to do it into the top of the deck, as the bottom of the deck is more important for structural integrity. Keep the channel as shallow as possible, would definitely suggest flat braid.

You can secure the braid in place using superglue to hold it down while you apply epoxy. I would lay at least one layer of fibreglass cloth over the whole top of the deck after the epoxy fill for added reassurance.

If I use flat cable- do I even need to route? I may use the 10g equivalent which is almost a half inch wide… I know boosted drops kapton tape on top and then puts on a layer of grip tape- also trying to figure out what I need to do to the stock grip on the loaded vanguard/ it’s almost like a glass frit… just sand it down by hand?

1 Like

Yeah you could definitely just do that, heaps easier :ok_hand:

Sand by hand or machine, either way it would be best to put down a sealer of some sort after you sand :+1:

1 Like

I just went through the process of removing the stock frit and routing a 42" Magneto Bamboo Cruiser for split enclosures. A random orbit sander makes removing the stock frit WORLDS easier than doing it by hand.

1 Like

Don’t do it bro… Let your nuts hang.
Advice from a lazy guy…

2 Likes

I don’t want my nuts to hang. They could be hit by rocks. I’d rather have my nuts above ground.

2 Likes

If I were to do it by hand… any advice?

What enclosures are those? I’m building a board that I want to look akin to my old boosted stealth

1 Like

eboosted has a enclosure like that.

as nice as it gets.
expensive with shipping.

the board above was a Backfire G2 battery enclosure and an old Wowgo ESC enclosure.

the backfire enclosures are nice and a decent price…

they are hard to find sometimes.

1 Like

If only these sites listed accurate dimensions. For real, thought, where are your exact enclosures from ?

1 Like

How tf did you even find this thread.

I got my backfire enclosures from ebay but it was the Backfireusa store.

what are you wanting to put in there?

take a look through my journal thread.
I put a Unity in the ESC case and it fit perfect.
on the battery I think I actually have the old ranger enclosure and put a 10s4p 30q in there.

+100 for the eboosted enclosures

1 Like