Riptide Alternative Battery?

Good Day!

Any idea where i can buy Riptide Alternative Battery? preferably the 14mile option?

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Hey man this is more of a diy forum. You might have better luck on reddit w something like this. Alternatively, you could pay someone to build you a pack to spec…

Just tryna help dude.

Not sure how you interpreted my post like that homie but that was far from my intention. You’ll notice that I also posted the trusted batt builder list. Anyway man, take it easy. :call_me_hand:

I was saying he’s been here longer than you have. If he doesn’t know these things, he’s not making any efforts

Kk
5char

Flags for off topic on a non serious post? Fuck off mates get a life

Guys, let’s chill and help out a community member in need.

@migimogi

Is it a 10s2p?

4 Likes

:joy: You’re dreaming too big. It’s a 6s4p 25r

3 Likes

Granted the pack is 6s4p 25r, Samsung 35E are likely the best cells to use. Theyll get you ~17 miles instead of the ~12 the og battery is rated for.

If youre using a 10s2p battery… I dont think 35E is the best since the cells arent high output. I think Samsung 30q is a better option.

If theres wiggle room, upgrade to 21700 cells to get the best range and battery performance. Molicell p24a, Samsung 40t or Sanyo ncr20700b.

Bro. I actually have the extended range one if u need it

2 Likes

Hi sorry for the late reply, i am interested but i need to find a way to ship it internationally

yes it’s just 6s4p

I think my math is right but not sure, 6S4P is bigger than 10S2P :thinking:

1 Like

@Balta_6 that is correct. But I was speaking in relation to power. You’re not getting much speed or torque out of a 6s

for me i’m not really interested in speed i am just basing on the current spec of riptide which is 6s which is fine for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hahaha sorry but I can’t help, in term of power, you do have more watts coming out of a 6S4P than a 10S2P :joy:

1 Like

@Balta_6 not sure how you come to that conclusion?
Watts=amps X volts
Let’s use a baseline of 40amps

10s is 40a x 42v =1680watts
6s is 40a x 25.2v =1008watts

1 Like

Well no because you don’t have the same current avalaible
Let’s take 30q pack with 15A discharge per cells

the 10S2P is 103.7V * 215A = 1110 W (it’s usual to use nominal voltage, doesn’t change anything though)

The 6S4P is 63.7V * 415A = 1332 W

(if you use 4.2V per cells, it becomes 1260W and 1512W)

In the end you are right in the fact that more voltage is usually better and means a “bigger” pack, because it’s better to have more tension than use more current to achieve the same power

1 Like

Hey, I spoke to riptide a month or so ago, they did have standard batteries in stock then but no extended range ones. That may have changed at this point.

If you’re in the US can build you one better with 30Q cells. So it will be just over 300Wh. I’ll find some 6S BMS’s off amazon.

Send me a PM if interested and check out my instagram link in my profile.

2 Likes