RIP esk8. Remotes that won’t get interference

I haven’t tried driving without a phone.
I was losing signal in three places in the city

On my metr.at entry it looked like this. This takes about 1 second.

1 Like

Mini remote also has channel hopping

3 Likes

These red splotches I put on here

I lose signal inside those areas sometimes, and have been for years. There is some sort of heavy interferance in those areas, and I don’t know what it is, but it predates 5G equipment.

I just know to coast or be light on the acceleration/braking when in the sketchy zones. I never get interference anywhere else, ever.

It can also help if you run with dual radio receivers and not CANBUS. (if you have two motors)

5 Likes

I used CANBUS.
When I passed at similar points, I noticed a lot of incomprehensible antes on the roofs of buildings.

Maybe WAND remote will solve the problem?

I doubt wand will help.

1 Like

If you use two radio receivers and no CANBUS, it won’t reduce the interference, but it can temporally offset when each motor loses connection by a few tens of milliseconds, which makes it far less likely for you to lose balance. For example, the left motor cuts slightly ahead of the right one, so it’s two smaller jolts instead of one huge jolt, which means you are way less likely to eat street. It also can reduce some interference by having the two antennaes in different physical locations inside the skateboard, one side may not even cut out at all.

1 Like

I used to get interference a lot under the airport radio tower when I’d roll by. Would do the same slowdown as @b264, even when I replaced my remotes with benchwheels, I still never fully trusted those spots (only ever had once cutout since, and I was drinking, so it’s hard to say if it really happened)

If I ever get tired of the interference, I’ll go with an old school wired remote through the ADC input. Did this on a scooter build and worked great.

4 Likes

Does the Tactic have the same technology as Spektrum with DSMR? I keep getting cut outs with mini in the same places.

@surfnacho

1 Like

Was that meant for me?

loooooooool

You know something about transmitters/receivers without cutouts?

ازاتنال

1 Like

जबरदस्त हंसी

2 Likes

الصبي ذو الشعر الطويل هو أبي

2 Likes

mi a franc folyik itt?

2 Likes

Miert a magyart valasztottad random nyelvnek? :smiley:

1 Like

Félig magyar vagyok. bár nem beszélek magyarul :’(

1 Like

ahh I see :slight_smile:
I was so surprised when I saw Hungarian language, its not something you often see in international forums :smiley:

1 Like

Get a Hoyt Puck and live happily ever after.

1 Like