Rims, hubs to fit escooter 8.5” x 3” wide

Not getting it twisted dw. Praise where praise is due.

1 Like

well stated.

I’m in the same boat could’ve been an interesting topic if it weren’t for the conduct with which it was presented. @Tanuki did printed hubs too, but that was a much more productive discussion compared to this. That would’ve been the example to follow if you were pushing 3D printed hubs.

3 Likes

These would be great on a police esk8.

2 Likes

Is the creator of this video a forum member?

I would like to forward him some rims

1 Like

can you 3d print this

@okp yea it’s the french guy

Yes well i apologised. I dont come on here v often. I picked 4 threads about 3d printed and or wide hubs and genuinly thought ppl would be interested. Turns out i have no idea of the etiquette here. :tipping_hand_man:t3:

5 Likes

And that’s how it’s done. Thank you for the acknowledgment. And thanks for starting your own thread. Now back to day drinking and ordering parts I might not use.

5 Likes

No probs. God i love day drinking. Should prob stop that :slight_smile:

Yeah I’m not actually drinking right now but god damn I want to this morning. fuck it’s not even morning anymore. wtf is even happening.

back to rims.

serious question: when printing rims are there multiple orientations you can use to change up the grain direction or are you pretty much stuck with bottom to top or vice versa?

1 Like

you can actually get pretty crazy.

but in the case of a wheel with multiple overhanging flat surfaces it’s better to make a multipart wheel and print flat on the build plate
design for manufacturing, same is if you were injection moulding

1 Like

i see pretty much all of them are from Jan to now, that’s not old

what’s old is you resurrecting a thread that hasn’t been posted to in 2 years :rofl:

1 Like

So we tried printing flat AND standing up. I cant remember which way worked best but one way got a wayyyy smoother finish. So we stuck to that.

Someone clever suggested printing one half flat and the other half rim vertical and if i split a rim in testing thats exavtly what id try next. But so far 670 miles. No problems so far…

As i said only posted on four threads at the weekemd. The other four are older. From january. Thankyou for taking the time to clarify. And the two year old thread yeah its specifically about 3d printed rims. :tipping_hand_man:t3:

1 Like

there’s still no reason to spam the pics of the same rims ln 4 separate threads when they can all be on one thread :man_shrugging:

I mean it’s the logical next step after spamming facebook

The logical next step after spamming facebook is inquiring about infomercial pricing or contacting QVC.

3 Likes

I’m seeing these FiveShooters all over the place

You’re new here, so you might not know this is the first place you go for anything of value, merit, or truth. Then you go to Facebook out of desperation because here we make you read and learn things before you post, something people on Facebook have no clue about.