Review my plan: basic dual rear mount 6355

Those belts look way too loose.

He hasn’t put the idler on yet

2 Likes

Most likely, no. Maybe with Paris baseplates as those have a much smaller profile. Are they hitting the pivot? or just too close

Correct. Idlers not installed yet. And the hardware mostly loose too because I am still just dummying up various configurations to see what is what in the way of fitment before I commit.

Looks like I can use this rig as-is with forward mount, or if I want to go rear mount, I’ll have to use taller pads. I don’t think I have anything against forward mount, just wanted rear mount because it looks cool to my eye.

The hangers are the 184’s in case it wasn’t obvious. The wheels are 90mm. this board will be used for short rides on smooth neighborhood streets… riding up a hill and carving back down.

Thanks to all who keep chiming in.

-Peter

2 Likes

I say keep the forward mount; can’t lift the board up from the front otherwise. Save the money to make your next build pretty :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

“reached out to Kevin at BN. He gave very thorough and helpful answers. I like him a lot.”
Just don’t expect to get your order in a hurry. I buy his hangers and gears almost exclusively. But waiting for my orders is harrowing. And yes he is a great source of information.

1 Like

LOL, I had the same experience. Took a while to get my order. Glad it was not just me. It sure is good stuff though. :slight_smile:

-Peter

good_cheap_fast

Boarnamics is cheap and good

3 Likes

The quality, look and function is definitely worth whatever wait. I swear by the 270’s and m1’s. Beafy.

1 Like

If you like those, wait until you discover the 184’s

1 Like

What??? Drool

Ordered a handful of items from Boardnamics on the 24th, they were shipped on the 29th and received on the 1st.

A week isn’t bad at all

2 Likes

I think it depends on how Kev is doing that week lol

It is JUST him so… Times will vary I guess

3 Likes

The new sandblasted finish looks amazing

Are they like matte black?

Basically yeah it’s really cool

I can vouch for the caliber base plate being pretty small and convenient, but I haven’t tried that specific combination. I’ve done

1. Caliber base plate, BN 220, idea mount (quite a bit longer so it clears more easily) rear mounted
  2. Caliber base, caliber 184mm, big ol 6384s mounted one forward and one back on electric board solutions mounts (I think slightly shorter than the BNs, really quite short, and it worked pretty well with the caliber base)

I can check some measurements when I’m home later if any of that helps

edit: ok so my EBS mounts are 70mm and the BN are 90mm. I have calibers that are essentially the same dimensions as the BN184, the caliber baseplate you’re interested in, and some matching 6354 motors. If nobody else can verify that your setup works I can check it out on my hardware, it’ll just take a while to get around to because I’ll have to take some of it out of a current build

1 Like

@Boardnamics has new 62mm mounts, I’ve been checking them out recently. They now have different mounts that can do center to center distances from 56mm (small mount slid all the way in) to 110mm (XL mount slid all the way out)

1 Like

184’s are what I have in my picture above

1 Like

no worries, take your time. I’ll forge ahead with forward mount for now, just so I can get riding. I can always change to rear mount later, pending the results of your investigation. Thanks again.

-Peter

1 Like